A close miss

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing too interesting but thought I’d post these from the storm we had a few days ago.
Those here in Floriduh know we can get some doozies and I believe this one was just a few twirls away from being a tornado on the ground.

Weatherman said we had 40-60 gusts and it certainly looked and sounded very close to the few hurricanes we’ve experienced at 60-70 sustained so sounds about right.

What caught my eye was the wind direction changing from N/NE to S/SE in a matter of minutes ( we were under tornado warning, it was clearly spinning up)

Watch the wind driven rain direction on the main 4 lane street

more cameras here

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing too interesting but thought I’d post these from the storm we had a few days ago.
Those here in Floriduh know we can get some doozies and I believe this one was just a few twirls away from being a tornado on the ground.

Weatherman said we had 40-60 gusts and it certainly looked and sounded very close to the few hurricanes we’ve experienced at 60-70 sustained so sounds about right.

What caught my eye was the wind direction changing from N/NE to S/SE in a matter of minutes ( we were under tornado warning, it was clearly spinning up)

Watch the wind driven rain direction on the main 4 lane street

more cameras here
Well......now we know who lost their pool float.....:p

View attachment a1b846b82a6be876.mp4

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup. I was watching radar and it looked like one was indeed swirling, but didn’t drop down to ground level. That would make sense with what I saw on the winds at ground level.

1st pic see the hook in the middle, right over top of us.
2nd pic 4 min later it’s closing up

2B1B2F1C-90EC-4F0B-91C0-381F51845B17.jpeg 42BB1A56-EE2B-4ABA-B3F7-17DA4AF3E055.jpeg

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Believe it or not, we get the odd one in the UK albeit not very strong. I had an experience where one came up my road. Couldn't actually see the tornado, but the sky went black, the rain went horizontal and then large trees started to bend double. Cars on the road had to stop. I was stood outside protected by the side of the ouse and it was like in twister when they're inside the tornado and the walls were wizzing pst horizontally. Luckily no damage as I must ahve been on the edge, it was too weak, but very interesting experience.