A homeowner turns the tables on three armed men who broke into her home last Friday

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: A homeowner turns the tables on three armed men who broke into her home last Frid

Not exactly Weaver Stance, more spray and pray but WTF...she scared them away. She may have winged the neighbors dog though! smiley24.gif

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: A homeowner turns the tables on three armed men who broke into her home last Frid

Not exactly Weaver Stance, more spray and pray but WTF...she scared them away. She may have winged the neighbors dog though! View attachment 13588
She not only scared them away, she killed one of them. We dont know what is outside that door or how good her shot is. There are many folks who dont use proper textbook technique who do just fine.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Right. Training isn't important; even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

blind-squirrel.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Right. Training isn't important; even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

View attachment 13589
You are assuming she wasn't trained. It looks to me as if she was awakened from sleep. Its easy to critique when you are watching it on video. Point is she did what she had to do and was successful.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

outgunned, outnumbered, and survived the day.. yeah she was damn lucky, your point Q? You think if she had been unarmed this would had been a better outcome for her?

this is what im saying about hardening your front door, people spend money on guns and cameras.. then leave there door protected by a half inch piece of pine that any boot has the key to open.. even if they had to just kick on the door more than once she'd of had more time to wake the fuck up.. but ideally it should hold em off for a few mins of assault unless they came prepared with breach weapons.. notice the fiberglass door has no damage, but im sure the frame is splinters.

A dog woulda helped too.. big ones.

to me it looks like they were either running a bootlegging operation or some online store with product piled up all over the house like this, hoarders houses u cant see carpet lol, good idea to take extra precautions if you have alot of traffic coming/going with piles of products laying about.

Last edited by a moderator:

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I like how they enter and clear the first few rooms but as soon as they hear that first round go whizzing by its game over and their balls drop off. Playing Rainbow Six and COD doesn't make you a badass in real life lol

But Nayr is completely correct. I take calls at work all the time from little old ladies to single women living alone to just the random everyday Joe asking about firearms and how to purchase and carry them for their own safety and protection. Always advise them to take a good course or two on basic safety and marksmanship but the biggest thing I think is overlooked is securing your 'castle' as opposed to reacting to aggressors. Completely protecting your home from unwanted entry isn't as easy to achieve as you may think, but delaying it enough to get to your own form of protection can truly mean the difference between life and death.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

to me it looks like they were either running a bootlegging operation or some online store with product piled up all over the house like this, hoarders houses u cant see carpet lol, good idea to take extra precautions if you have alot of traffic coming/going with piles of products laying about.
According to another copy of the video with the 911 tape, she's an asian restaurant owner. The dispatcher had a hard time understanding her chinglish and didn't even get the address right at first.

I used to have a hoarder neighbor in an apartment complex. I was actually a little worried about the structural integrity of his floor (and the people below him) he has so much crap in there.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

this is what im saying about hardening your front door, people spend money on guns and cameras.. then leave there door protected by a half inch piece of pine that any boot has the key to open.. even if they had to just kick on the door more than once she'd of had more time to wake the fuck up..
Assuming it is even a piece of pine. Before I moved in, my house had hollow core doors. They got replaced straight away and security screen doors with three point locking installed over the top.

Completely protecting your home from unwanted entry ...
...is impossible but your average crook will not be able to explosively breach a wall :cool:. The other issue I find with people who espouse armed home defence over fortification is they rarely think about what happens if the offenders start shooting back and suddenly you have a two way range in your house. Gyprock (Australian for Drywall) is not exactly known for it's ballistic properties. God forbid a stray bullet hits a member of your family.

I'm with Nayr and yourself on the castle and keep principle. Make your house hard enough to deter the unmotivated, prevent the somewhat motivated from gaining entry altogether, and delay the really motivated long enough to prepare / wait for the cavalry to arrive.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I just bought a new front door, prehung, fiberglass and composite frame, my old wood frame had taken too much abuse and my solid wood door was splitting even after trying to harden it just from normal use.. think its the original door frame on my house with probably the 12th door in it.

should be here and I'll get it installed in a couple weeks, since I am putting in a whole new frame I am going to go over it and re-enforce critical points before I install it.. then I am going to copy this project: http://www.instructables.com/id/Hardening-a-Door-Frame/ as I want 1/8th stainless steel plate, and the premade shit is expensive and not thick enough for me.

This is THE best night lock you can put on your front door, very easy to use and install, if installed correctly it should definitely slow them down:

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Line-Products-10827-Reinforcement-Construction/dp/B00D2K367Y

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

Good for her. I hope she did manage to kill one of the SOBs.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

There was one guy that didn't get out the front door but was still in the house - went to the right. What happened to him?
edit: Nevermind, the youtube video has a link to another view. That guy went through a glass door and exited the house.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

There was one guy that didn't get out the front door but was still in the house - went to the right. What happened to him?
He might be the dead one...

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

@Q2U I need to thank you again for that picture. You have no idea how much laughter this will bring us here at work at Range/Firearm Qualification Day. The ball-busting will be fierce and this just adds to it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Want to be a superstar? Get a T-shirt made with that image on it.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

she is Chinese, she got her gun from husband less than a month. went to the shooting range one time. that's what she told on the news.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score

Wow, This might be a good reminder for all of us to freshen up on our skills, secure our house a little better, and make sure your cams are all recording. That lady did a pretty good job with three dudes in her house. This is where a good short pump shotgun would have made a difference, just my opinion.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Wow, This might be a good reminder for all of us to freshen up on our skills, secure our house a little better, and make sure your cams are all recording. That lady did a pretty good job with three dudes in her house. This is where a good short pump shotgun would have made a difference, just my opinion.
You can shoot faster with a pistol or revolver...but the way she shoots a pump shotgun's spread may have helped her kill or wing more bad guys. Or get a Bennelli M4 and have it all, if you've got $2,500,00 to spend on a shotgun.