A little help with Blueiris

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally got my cameras up and running.

I am trying to set a folder to store all the footage on a different drive instead of the main drive and i am unsure if it is the path that i have to change. What do guys recommend on this.

Also i am having trouble getting my PTZ controls to work on blueiris for my Dahua camera. It works when i log directly into the camera from the browser but not on blueiris. I did turn on the settings for the camera and controls are no longer grayed out, but when i click on them within blueiris they do not perform any functions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I finally got my cameras up and running.

I am trying to set a folder to store all the footage on a different drive instead of the main drive and i am unsure if it is the path that i have to change. What do guys recommend on this.

Also i am having trouble getting my PTZ controls to work on blueiris for my Dahua camera. It works when i log directly into the camera from the browser but not on blueiris. I did turn on the settings for the camera and controls are no longer grayed out, but when i click on them within blueiris they do not perform any functions.
clips and archiving.
you need to set the correct parameters for ptz in the ptz tab..try the dahua and onvif options

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'll change the storage location on the clips and archiving tab.

Also for the camera did you try using find/inspect to discover camera?

Attachments

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
under where it says path the very first location on top?

would it be smart to copy all my blueiris information onto my storage drive?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
under where it says path the very first location on top?

would it be smart to copy all my blueiris information onto my storage drive?
No keep the database on your primary drive... Set storage folders wherever you want...

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh shit I think I cut and moved everything over to my other drive except the actual program files where blueiris is installed. Did I mess up?

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I think a lot of things are working

For the life of me I can not get the app to work. I think i also have done port forwarding correctly

Right now on wifi tells me wrong password on 4g it tells me wrong ip

I am about ready to throw up I have been tinkering with this software for to long.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are my settings

Last edited by a moderator:

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right now i am keeping everything on default until i set everything up and get it all in working order.

So i did not do the port forwarding correct. I had a feeling never done port forwarding with the airport extreme.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Right now i am keeping everything on default until i set everything up and get it all in working order.

So i did not do the port forwarding correct. I had a feeling never done port forwarding with the airport extreme.
well then that explains why it wont work...
Locally you need to enter the proper credentials....how do you expect it to work without entering the correct user name and password?

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where am i suppose to enter it? in the port forwarding area?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where am i suppose to enter it? in the port forwarding area?
huh??
We are taking about two different things.
1) FIRST you need to ensure you have access on local wifi, if that wont work you certainly wont have remote access.
2) you need to setup a user and password as i instructed above.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok first of all let me apologize because my knowledge in this field is a bit shallow.

I am able to connect to wifi. I do have a user name and password for the cameras ( which is default ) i will go double check in those options to make sure some sort of user name and password is present.

i will check back shortly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok first of all let me apologize because my knowledge in this field is a bit shallow.

I am able to connect to wifi. I do have a user name and password for the cameras ( which is default ) i will go double check in those options to make sure some sort of user name and password is present.

i will check back shortly.
Once again, you DONT use the cameras user name and password. YOu need BLUE IRIS user name and password. See my post above.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

So this is what is in there currently, i will add an additional user name here to be able to log in.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
or you can simply add a password for admin...make sure the new user has admin rights