A little help with playing 264 file

k7UZyc7T

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I got this camera, and I'm having a little trouble playing back the "264" files it records. The only way I can do it is to use some "HiPlayer.exe" player, or convert them using a "Converter.exe" program. These are Windows only tools and proprietary, neither of which I like too much. I tried every method I could find on converting or playing these "264" files with traditional tools (VLC/Handbrake/ffmpeg/mkvtoolnix etc.), but to no avail. Playback doesn't work or at best is garbled. Any ideas? Here is an example file. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Hi,

Some chinese IP camera creates a garbled 264 files that won't work in VLC or any other player, and ffmpeg can't convert.

You can use this converter developed in C code or chipcaco (Chinese IP Camera Converter) developed in nodeJS.

I'm porting this converter to Java, If you like to test please ask me.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Hi,

Some chinese IP camera creates a garbled 264 files that won't work in VLC or any other player, and ffmpeg can't convert.

You can use this converter developed in C code or chipcaco (Chinese IP Camera Converter) developed in nodeJS.

I'm porting this converter to Java, If you like to test please ask me.

Hope this helps
Hey, do you wanna help with the java converter?