A senior DUHHHH moment

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally broke down and installed the BI mobile app on my phone. Installed with no problems, entered the license information and local login and it worked right out of the box. All except for one detail. I couldn't get geofencing to work.

I went on YouTube and saw that the radius needs to be set in the app but had no setting to do that. Uninstalled and started all over. Same thing. Einstein was right because I am insane.

So today I was relaxing on the couch after doing some work out in the yard and decided to do a search on geofence. That lead me down the same path again with setting the radius which didn't exist in the app. Even deleted the phone and started over, all to no avail. Then the light bulb went off.

When I entered all the login credentials I didn't enter an external IP address. I use OpenVPN when out so why would I need that? Right? Guess what, the app needs that to be able to configure the radius. Now I'm a happy camper.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
In all honesty I should have simply tapped the "get server address" button after entering the license information. Force of habit made me type the internal IP and the keyboard hides the external IP entry area unless you tap "next" after entering the internal IP. See what happens when you assume and are stuck in habits? DUHHHHHH