A simple trigger & alert?

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I want to set a simple trigger on motion at my front door.
All I want is for that occurrence to be shown in the alerts lists (no emails, sms etc) for reference later on if needed.
I am recording continuously D2D at the moment already on this camera.
What is the best and simplest way to configure this as I understand motion can be quite resource intensive?
Also, can I be directed to the best faq/manual for the software?
Thanks for any info.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I want to set a simple trigger on motion at my front door.
All I want is for that occurrence to be shown in the alerts lists (no emails, sms etc) for reference later on if needed.
I am recording continuously D2D at the moment already on this camera.
What is the best and simplest way to configure this as I understand motion can be quite resource intensive?
Also, can I be directed to the best faq/manual for the software?
Thanks for any info.
Motion is not resource intensive. Simply set it up.
There is a help file in the software as well as instruction videos lined here on the forum in a sticky thread in the blue iris section

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been tinkering for a couple of days but have only managed to get motion trigger one time out of about twenty.
No doubt I have missed or set something silly.
As mentioned I just want motion triggered at the front door to be bookmarked/tagged.
Any feedback on my attached settings appreciated.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been tinkering for a couple of days but have only managed to get motion trigger one time out of about twenty.
No doubt I have missed or set something silly.
As mentioned I just want motion triggered at the front door to be bookmarked/tagged.
Any feedback on my attached settings appreciated.
I have a cam on front porch that works very well keeping an eye on package deliveries. It will detect birds and lizards during the day and toads at night...and of course, 2 legged critters at all times. Below are my suggestions with your image (edited) to clarify:

1) Do not use (uncheck) 'Object Detection'
2) Re-draw green Hot Spot to cover desired detection area
3) Lower 'Min. Object Size'
4) Lower 'Min. Contrast'
5) Enable (check) 'Create alert list images when triggered'

motion-settings2.jpg

Attachments

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, that got it working but unfortunately I am unable to watch the alerts.

-Via the web browser its just spins and never loads the alerts videos, then showing a stream error.
-Via the console it crashes the program altogether.
Both on 1Gb LAN.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, that got it working but unfortunately I am unable to watch the alerts.

-Via the web browser its just spins and never loads the alerts videos, then showing a stream error.
-Via the console it crashes the program altogether.
Both on 1Gb LAN.
What anti virus are you using? What version of bi?

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
No A/V, Defender disabled in W10 Pro.
Updated to 4.8.1.3 yesterday, prior to that it was one update version lower. Issue was also happening on that version too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No A/V, Defender disabled in W10 Pro.
Updated to 4.8.1.3 yesterday, prior to that it was one update version lower. Issue was also happening on that version too.
What is your cpu usage

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually my CPU usage stated above is off, Task Manger states considerably more, generally under 40% - how do I sync those two readings?

Have tried both 6194 & 6229 drivers with no luck.

The system seems to work fine until you start wanting to watch alerts and old footage.
When this happens CPU is ok under 40%, but MEM climbs and wont stop, Disk goes straight to 100%.

Not sure where to go from here?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Actually my CPU usage stated above is off, Task Manger states considerably more, generally under 40% - how do I sync those two readings?

Have tried both 6194 & 6229 drivers with no luck.

The system seems to work fine until you start wanting to watch alerts and old footage.
When this happens CPU is ok under 40%, but MEM climbs and wont stop, Disk goes straight to 100%.

Not sure where to go from here?
CPU usage creeping up slowly

cpu utilization of BI process rises up to 100%

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok had a little luck.
The 4664 driver mentioned in other threads does not support my GPU/CPU UHD630/i7-8700t.
6194 & 6229 spike all my resources.

I looked for the oldest driver for the GPU/CPU UHD630/i7-8700t and came up with 4994.
Applied that and its looking much better for my hardware.

Last edited: