A46 baby monitor. Web configuration stripped

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
it look like Dahua stripped the web configuration from A46 baby monitor in the latest firnware.

I ordered one thinking I could set it up via web configuration until I discovered it been removed or disabled. The web server is still running because it is sending back the web error so either page is removed or renamed

Ii still using default ip of 192.168.1.108 because I can ping to it but I have not tried telnetting to it yet.

How do we set it up to connect to a wifi without using WPS button if we can't access the configuration menu anymore??

Last edited:
Reaction score
it look like Dahua stripped the web configuration from A46 baby monitor in the latest firnware.

I ordered one thinking I could set it up via web configuration until I discovered it been removed or disabled. The web server is still running because it is sending back the web error so either page is removed or renamed

Ii still using default ip of 192.168.1.108 because I can ping to it but I have not tried telnetting to it yet.

How do we set it up to connect to a wifi without using WPN button if we can't access the configuration menu anymore??
I thought Andy mentioned you need to use the Lechange App, that replaced Easy4IP.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought Andy mentioned you need to use the Lechange App, that replaced Easy4IP.
I will check out the app but still camera need to be on the network before any app can detected it and connect to it.

How would one connected a camera with a fixed ip and subnet to a network that uses a different range ip and subnet. My wifi is an access point disc that doesn't have a WPS button to automatically connect the camera to it.

Reaction score
I will check out the app but still camera need to be on the network before any app can detected it and connect to it.

How would one connected a camera with a fixed ip and subnet to a network that uses a different range ip and subnet. My wifi is an access point disc that doesn't have a WPS button to automatically connect the camera to it.
I think the Lechange app can negotiate the local network like the config tool (older one) does and finds the camera. Then you can change the the IP to one you want via the app.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Does this camera have an ethernet port you could use for initial setup? They were geo-blocking dahuaconsumer.com from the US last I checked.

Most wifi devices operate as an access point for the initial setup. lecharge app will attempt to connect and have you input network settings assuming it works. Set the camera up before your neighbor's kid does. It might require you scan a qr code on the camera.

I'm finding it hard to recommend any of the dahuaconsumer products to anyone no matter what country they're in.
upload_2018-4-3_17-28-21.png

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Does this camera have an ethernet port you could use for initial setup? They were geo-blocking dahuaconsumer.com from the US last I checked.

Most wifi devices operate as an access point for the initial setup. lecharge app will attempt to connect and have you input network settings assuming it works. Set the camera up before your neighbor's kid does. It might require you scan a qr code on the camera.

I'm finding it hard to recommend any of the dahuaconsumer products to anyone no matter what country they're in.
View attachment 28257
I only brought it to have something portable to move around inside the house like keeping an eye on something temporary, a nanny cam and pet cam while we are away etc. It wasn't going to be used as a 25/7 surveillance camera. When I saw the name Dahua and other post about folks able to access it via web GUI so I thought it was worth buying but I guess I am wrong this time after the recent firmware upgrade seem to have change everything on it.

I know what you mean by access point, I have several devices camera that have an open wifi access where you set the iPhone or Android to connect it via wifi to be able to set it up with app and secure it with passkey. This one is not even offering an wifi access and I am able to ping it via wired connection but LeChange is not finding it.

I already tried telnet and ssh shell both are refusing connection.

Now I am trying to think what to do next to get it working as a temporary camera that I intended it to be all along but I would at least like it working with LeChange app so it will be useful for something.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got mine last night. The Lechange app (after creating a Lechange account) asked me for my WiFi password, then told me to turn the volume on my phone up and get near the A46. It did its thing and the A46 got on my WiFi network with no problems.

There’s another thread about folks using the Dahua config tool (I think, maybe it was SmartPSS) to set stuff that the Lechange app can’t do, and some things (like turning the color ring off) can only be done from the Lechange app.

EDIT: It's SmartPSS that can see/edit the extra properties, not the config tool.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I got mine last night. The Lechange app (after creating a Lechange account) asked me for my WiFi password, then told me to turn the volume on my phone up and get near the A46. It did its thing and the A46 got on my WiFi network with no problems.

There’s another thread about folks using the Dahua config tool (I think, maybe it was SmartPSS) to set stuff that the Lechange app can’t do, and some things (like turning the color ring off) can only be done from the Lechange app.

Do you remember step by step what you did to get it working?

I have scanned the code then it ask what device so I selected wifi camera and click next then it just sat there with a spinning circle doing nothing more

Look like i am going to need to find an older router with a WPS button and hook it up to my network temporary to get it working. I got a netgear router in some boxes somewhere ... sigh ....

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
asked me for my WiFi password, then told me to turn the volume on my phone up and get near the A46. It did its thing and the A46 got on my WiFi network with no problems.
Well that's one way to do it. @TechBill try resetting the camera and then doing this again. You might need to try a different mobile device make sure the volume is turned up. Enlist your kids if needed to confirm the audio signal is working.
It wasn't going to be used as a 25/7 surveillance camera.
When you're back on earth time, if you're still having trouble I can try to help.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you remember step by step what you did to get it working?

I have scanned the code then it ask what device so I selected wifi camera and click next then it just sat there with a spinning circle doing nothing more

Look like i am going to need to find an older router with a WPS button and hook it up to my network temporary to get it working. I got a netgear router in some boxes somewhere ... sigh ....
I don’t remember exactly what I did. I’ll try resetting mine after work tomorrow and setting it up again. I don’t remember WPS being an option but maybe I missed it.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t remember exactly what I did. I’ll try resetting mine after work tomorrow and setting it up again. I don’t remember WPS being an option but maybe I missed it.

WPS is a button on the bottom of the camera base. It also a reset button if you hold it in until the ring flash red and light goes out.

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A buddy of mine bought one and had trouble setting it up. He asked if i could take a look, i managed to set it up without using any app. I cant really remember how, i remember i had to 'initialize' it on my NVR5216

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
A buddy of mine bought one and had trouble setting it up. He asked if i could take a look, i managed to set it up without using any app. I cant really remember how, i remember i had to 'initialize' it on my NVR5216

How long ago was that? I believe it was the recent firmware which stripped the access to web GUI.

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not very nice if there is no GUI. Or you have too use the lechange app.

Few days ago, I recieved mine. Didn't have the time to test it yet. Hopefully this week I have time.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How long ago was that? I believe it was the recent firmware which stripped the access to web GUI.
Make sure you try the latest version of the config tool 4.09.0

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i can't find the configtool 4.09. only the 4.05. BUT...

at the dahua website you can only find the configtool link for MAC.

the new windows configtool, you have to download TOOLBOX.
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/support/downloadCenter/tools/MaintenanceTools?child=332

when you have installed toolbox, inside this you can install configtool 4.09 and other software for your cam. Is there a thread about this? i am using dahua cam's for the first time know, and have read a lot here on ipcamtalk, but this was new for me...

Last edited: