About 1/3 say unable to open ...

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now I have started getting"unable to open file 800000002".
I have installed the klite codec file from BI but it is still happening to about 1/3 of my clips. I don't even know if the klite is working.
It is on different cameras at different times.
Any ideas?
Roger

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess "bump it" means try again.
I am having this problem still and maybe getting worse. Still always random so that make it hard to diagnose,
Has anyone had this problem or know whats wrong?
Thanks,
Roger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess "bump it" means try again.
I am having this problem still and maybe getting worse. Still always random so that make it hard to diagnose,
Has anyone had this problem or know whats wrong?
Thanks,
Roger
Are you recording to bvr or mp4?
are you recording to NAS? or some other attached storage?

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bvr.
recording to 500GB drive, attached
I do not use alerts, only clips. I have db auto set to maintain at 2 AM. I have forced the rebuild but no help.
This is the HP you recommended last year with Intel graphics. Works great except for this problem and I don't think the problem is the computer. I actually think it is getting worse but maybe because I have had to look at some of the videos. Probably 60% fail on all cameras at different but never the same ones.times. The only thing I have noticed is when it happens, it always shows the length of the clip to be 00 seconds. Not running as service. I installed Klite codec but did not configure codec because I would probably screw that up since I couldn't find the info on how to do it.
Roger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
bvr.
recording to 500GB drive, attached
I do not use alerts, only clips. I have db auto set to maintain at 2 AM. I have forced the rebuild but no help.
This is the HP you recommended last year with Intel graphics. Works great except for this problem and I don't think the problem is the computer. I actually think it is getting worse but maybe because I have had to look at some of the videos. Probably 60% fail on all cameras at different but never the same ones.times. The only thing I have noticed is when it happens, it always shows the length of the clip to be 00 seconds. Not running as service. I installed Klite codec but did not configure codec because I would probably screw that up since I couldn't find the info on how to do it.
Roger
what does "attached" mean..how?
if you record to bvr you dont need any codec...

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Might be the wrong terminology. I have the Windows 10 64 bit installed on a 256 GB SSD. I have the BI clips being recorded on a 500GB rotational drive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Might be the wrong terminology. I have the Windows 10 64 bit installed on a 256 GB SSD. I have the BI clips being recorded on a 500GB rotational drive.
is the drive inside the pc? make sure windows is set to high performance and the drive is set to never sleep...delete the DB folder and restart BI...

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, it is inside.
Changed to High Performance and never to sleep.
Deleted db and rebooting.
Hope, this is it. Will try it and will let you know.
Thanks,
Roger

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might have a failing hard drive. Run Seagate SeaTools or WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic to rule that out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Email support or as mentioned, try a different recording drive..

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The drive passed all tests and I contacted Ken and he said might be file error but I tried the things he said and they were all ok. I think I have it narrowed down but don't know ho to fix it. I have all 9 cameras set to record at 12 FPS. 7 of them will run this during the day( have to check further as to why all are not but that is a different problem I think) but when night comes and IR turns on, they drop to 2 - 3fps. This is when I am getting 95% of my problem. I have looked at all setups but cannot find where a setting is for FPS to drop when IR turns on.
I am getting this info from the status/ camera tab.
Roger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The drive passed all tests and I contacted Ken and he said might be file error but I tried the things he said and they were all ok. I think I have it narrowed down but don't know ho to fix it. I have all 9 cameras set to record at 12 FPS. 7 of them will run this during the day( have to check further as to why all are not but that is a different problem I think) but when night comes and IR turns on, they drop to 2 - 3fps. This is when I am getting 95% of my problem. I have looked at all setups but cannot find where a setting is for FPS to drop when IR turns on.
I am getting this info from the status/ camera tab.
Roger
What brand of cameras?
You cannot adjust the fps in blue iris, the adjustment has to be made in the camera...a camera that drops to 2fps at night is junk...

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1 Huisun, 1 Empire,1 Nelly and the rest is Enster. I know BI will not force this and I admit I have had my share of problems getting to use IE 11 to get into any of the camera's interface but I have been trying to get around it by using ONVIF. You are right, 2fps at night is junk. For me, it is nothing. Nothing will record which takes me back to my original problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1 Huisun, 1 Empire,1 Nelly and the rest is Enster. I know BI will not force this and I admit I have had my share of problems getting to use IE 11 to get into any of the camera's interface but I have been trying to get around it by using ONVIF. You are right, 2fps at night is junk. For me, it is nothing. Nothing will record which takes me back to my original problem.
is every camera dropping to 2fps?
How are you powering the cams?

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Right now it all but 3, the 3 are: 1-ENster, 1- Nelly and 1 Empire. At this minute they are running 12-13fps.

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All are POE. I am using 2 Gigabit 8 port POE switches.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All are POE. I am using 2 Gigabit 8 port POE switches.
take a problem camera down and bench test with a short cable...compare the video settings of the working cams to a problem cam.

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, will get back in a day or 2.
Thanks,