Accepting Card Payments For Part Time/On the Side Installers

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many of you little guys accept card payments? If you do, what do you use? Do you like it? Fees? Pros and cons?

Right now, I am using PayPal here card reader. 2.7% fee on swiped cards. For me, it is nice to know that 1) I am paid fast and 2) I don't have to run to the bank and 3) No worries about bounced checks.

I feel that going straight to PayPal is great, since I buy most of my supplies with PayPal, and do a lot of personal stuff with paypal. Any extra, I can always sent to my checking account.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Square reader stuck in a drawer somewhere. As an alternative, email money transfer doesn't cost you ~3% of your gross.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
on the flip side you have to worry about chargebacks...
Very Good Point!!!

I have a Square reader stuck in a drawer somewhere. As an alternative, email money transfer doesn't cost you ~3% of your gross.
That, I prefer, also. My cards say that I accept PayPal. Not everyone uses that service. I prefer that method first.

Squeeker

n3wb
Reaction score
1) I am paid fast and 2) I don't have to run to the bank and 3) No worries about bounced checks.
Not for camera related work but other work stuff....I use my bank's phone app for depositing checks.
If takes care of points 1 and 2. I haven't had to go through dealing with point 3. Knock on wood....