Access IP cameras from WAN

Discussion in 'Hikvision' started by Schmark, Jan 8, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Schmark

Schmark Young grasshopper

NVR: Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR (FW V3.4.92 build 170518). All attached cameras are also Hikvision.

After recently upgrading the NVR FW to V3.4.92, I can no longer login to the cameras via WAN (I can via LAN), even though virtual host is enabled. Typing <NVR_WAN_IP_address>:6500X no longer works. Note that it used to work prior to the FW upgrade so I suspect the upgrade reset some key parameters. No changes to the router.

Does anyone have any idea what to do next? Or did Hikvision remove the login to individual cameras from the WAN with this release?

-S

2. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Staff Member

Ignoring that there is significant risk in directly exposing your NVR and its cameras to the internet ...
    As an experiment, try further upgrades in case it was a regression bug since fixed.
    The latest is 3.4.98
    K41 DS-76xxNI-Ex / DS-77xxNI-Ex NVR firmware

3. Schmark

Schmark Young grasshopper

Thanks. I am also planning to change my current router to a new one that includes a VPN server to mitigate the internet exposure.

-S

4. tradertim

tradertim Getting the hang of it

Yes definitely do this - I use an Asus OpenVPN search those terms for the forum thread. Its not so bad, bring up OpenVPN connect to the router via VPN, and then start iVMS or Android TinyCam. Kind of 2 step but not too much of a pain.