Access Lorex Camera without NVR to change Date/ Time etc.

Reaction score
I have searched the forums, but can not seem to find the answer to my Questions. I have some Lorex LNE8974AB cameras that are simply great. I bought the raw cameras and use them on a Blue Iris server.

My main question is the date and times are wrong on them, and since I do not have the Lorex NVR I can not access them to change these things. I have searched to no avail to find a solution to access the internal settings of the camera so I can change them or just turn the date and time off. There also does not seem to be any Windows based Lorex software solutions either.

My other questions is about the BI settings for these cameras. I have found a few model selections within the BI camera selector that work, but neither use all of the camera's features. I found one that allows the varifocal zoom to work properly but I can not get audio. Another allows audio but not the zoom. Has anyone else found a similar camera config within BI to allow all of the LNE8974 functions to work properly?

Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have searched the forums, but can not seem to find the answer to my Questions. I have some Lorex LNE8974AB cameras that are simply great. I bought the raw cameras and use them on a Blue Iris server.

My main question is the date and times are wrong on them, and since I do not have the Lorex NVR I can not access them to change these things. I have searched to no avail to find a solution to access the internal settings of the camera so I can change them or just turn the date and time off. There also does not seem to be any Windows based Lorex software solutions either.

My other questions is about the BI settings for these cameras. I have found a few model selections within the BI camera selector that work, but neither use all of the camera's features. I found one that allows the varifocal zoom to work properly but I can not get audio. Another allows audio but not the zoom. Has anyone else found a similar camera config within BI to allow all of the LNE8974 functions to work properly?

Thanks in advance.
Like any other ip camera you can log into the camera using the ip and change the time settings...
You can also log into the camera to adjust the varifocal settings. This is a one time operation at the time of install, you dont need BI to do this.

Reaction score
Thank you. I feel really stupid. I have done that with hundreds of other cameras, but for some reason I could not get the Lorex to load the login from the ip. I just tried it again, after having them for a few months now, and what do you know. Not sure what the issue was previously.

Anyone have an idea on the camera settings, a similar model from the list within BI, that may work best for this model?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I feel really stupid. I have done that with hundreds of other cameras, but for some reason I could not get the Lorex to load the login from the ip. I just tried it again, after having them for a few months now, and what do you know. Not sure what the issue was previously.

Anyone have an idea on the camera settings, a similar model from the list within BI, that may work best for this model?
Dahua rtsp..again, all blue iris needs is the video feed. you dont want or need blue iris to control the varifocal, its useless. Its not a zoom camera, its a motorized varifocal camera. The varifocal is used to select the best fov at the time of installation.

Reaction score
Yes sir. Once I was able to get into the internal camera settings I was able to get all of those settings configured, so now I can just let BI do it's thing.