Access Milestone Smart Client remotely on WAN

Neil_IPCam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello;

I was wondering if it is possible to access Milestone Smart Client remotely on WAN (not the web server), the client it self. I am using the Essential+ version.

Thank you,

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello;

I was wondering if it is possible to access Milestone Smart Client remotely on WAN (not the web server), the client it self. I am using the Essential+ version.

Thank you,
If this post is still applicable to the current version of Xprotect Essentials + then it seems that the answer is YES. You only need to open Port 80 on your router.

Firewall ports to open on XProtect Exp Server side - XProtect Express - Milestone - Milestone Systems - Forums for XProtect® Software

Ive not tried it myself but would be interested to know how you get on.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello;

Thank you,
Yes it's possible and i have done it successfully. Configure and connect via vpn and you should be able to connect to the server's LAN IP. You may however have performance issues depending on your upload and download connections. The mobile server transcodes the video for remote connections for viewing on the mobile app or web client.and this is better suited to lower speed networks.