Access of IP Camera Through NVR in Browser & NVR Webaccess

Reaction score
I have managed to get my Dahua camera installed, and they currently go through an NVR. The NVR is subsequently directed into my router. I am using a MAC computer for accessing these camera. A couple of setup/access questions:

1) Am I able to access the Dahua cameras through the web browser? I am on a 10.0.0.X network, I cannot see the cameras connected to the router, only the NVR. When I try and use the configtool, I can only see the NVR. When I use SmartPSS, I can see the NVR and the cameras attached it it.

2) When I try and punch the NVR address into the web browser, I can get to the login screen. If I enter an incorrect password, I get a "Incorrect Password" error. If I enter the right password, I get a "Login Failed" error. I have tried multiple browsers, including Safari, Chrome and Firefox, none of them seem to work.

Thanks

Reaction score
anyone have any pointers on the access to the IP cams routed through the NVR inside of the browser? I have given up on accessing the NVR from the web browser, SmartPss seems to work well.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can access my 4216-4k NVR through the Safari on a Mac, no problems what so ever..

It sounds like you have built in PoE, so you cant talk to your cameras, they are on a separate network.. I dont have built in PoE and all my cameras are on the same subnet as the NVR.. so I can access both just as equally.