Access Ring products on BI? iSpy? Interesting situation.

MiteyAV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, thanks to everyone for being my go to source for info. This board has helped make me quite the amateur professional when it comes to networking.

My question is about Ring. There service sucks, however I have a property with 4 wired ring flood lights cams, 3 motion activated lighting, wired doorbell Pro, and a ring bridge. There are also some nice POE ptz’s wired in which the previous owner accessed through BI and used ring for everything else. Sounds like a lot, I would like to include everything on a single dashboard. Is there a way now to include ring cameras on the BI dashboard? If not, are there any other similar platforms such as iSpy that can? The place is rich with dozens of Wi-Fi controlled devices that I would like to simplify down to one control.

I will def have a new dedicated machine for this. Any ideas or answers welcome. You don’t have to go into much detail if it’s a known solution, but please let me know of any pitfalls so I can avoid them.

Thanks,
Shaun

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, Ring uses a proprietary system to force you to use their subscription service, as do many other cloud based consumer grade systems. Further, their camera feeds have to go thru their system so even if you could, they cut the service for folks trying to 24/7 stream. Those cameras are just not designed for that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was really hoping someone had figured out a solution. ‍
It is not possible to figure out. Even someone did it, ring would patch it immediately. Sell the ring doorbell and replace with something that works with blue iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We are moving to a home that has a ring doorbell. What is the current doorbell cam that works with BI?
See the thread on the reolink POE doorbell. While reolink as a company has issues they are the only inexpensive poe doorbell available. The wifi offerings from hik and dahua are a joke.