Accessing Camera GUI

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My current setup is Cameras>NVR>PC (IVMS-4200)

MY NVR does all the recording. IVMS on my PC only "sees" the NVR and I can adjust some camera settings using IVMS. I would like to access the camera web GUI to get to all of the settings from the PC but not sure how to do it. I'm guessing that in addition to the cameras IP address I have to have some extra doo-dads in the address to get to it???

thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't see mention in your signature of the model NVR, but when you log into the NVR's webGUI, on the camera status/edit page, over to the right on each camera line, is there a blue 'e' ? if so, try clicking on that. That should launch a browser and open the cam's webGUI.

From what I understand, you're correct in that in most cases a POE NVR operates a virtual server where the cam's are on a subnet unlike the subnet for the PC's and NVR's LAN segment.

I've set up 3 or 4 NVR's over the last few years but mostly a dozen PC's running Blue Iris VMS so I'll be the first to admit that NVR's are not my strong suite.

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't see mention in your signature of the model NVR, but when you log into the NVR's webGUI, on the camera status/edit page, over to the right on each camera line, is there a blue 'e' ? if so, try clicking on that. That should launch a browser and open the cam's webGUI.

From what I understand, you're correct in that in most cases a POE NVR operates a virtual server where the cam's are on a subnet unlike the subnet for the PC's and NVR's LAN segment.

I've set up 3 or 4 NVR's over the last few years but mostly a dozen PC's running Blue Iris VMS so I'll be the first to admit that NVR's are not my strong suite.
Thanks!
It's a Hik NVR. It's in my sig now.
Never tried that, accessing the NVR GUI. I don't see the blue e though. I can get to individual camera settings through the NVR webGUI but, just as with IVMS, not as much as if you pull up a cameras individual webGUI.

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I figured it out.
On the Hik NVR webGUI it's Configuration>System>Camera Management>IP Camera
A table pops up with all the cameras. The last column is labeled Connect and has each cameras address amended with additional numbers. That will take me to the individual camera webGUI.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited: