Accessing IP camera (connected to NVR) on browser

Kaybc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a dahua NVR setup with 2 cameras connected to it. I’m having issues trying to sync my time stamps on the playbacks and would like to check the time settings on the camera itself as I’ve read DST times have been an issue with time sync.

Issue is, I can’t connect to the cameras via browser (10.2.2…), but I can connect to the NVR fine 192.168….

Any help would be much appreciated!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, the NVR is acting as a "firewall" so to speadk and will not let you get to 10.x.x.x because it is on a different IP address range.

You have to do it thru the NVR.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1673448986754.png

Kaybc

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, the NVR is acting as a "firewall" so to speadk and will not let you get to 10.x.x.x because it is on a different IP address range.

You have to do it thru the NVR.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1673448986754.png
Thanks so much!
I was trying with Edge browser and it wouldn’t open up the GUI - installed Pale Moon and it opened straight away.

Now, trying to get my playback in sync.. all have the same settings as NVR now.

Recordings and live view all have the correct times, but for whatever reason when motion is detected at a certain time, when I click on the playback of that moment it’s showing a recording from 2 or 4 or 30 mins ago.. can’t figure it out if it’s a bug or I’m going crazy.

Cheers!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Try it again BEFORE happy hour ;)

Use the slider to zoom the timeline so you can be more precise. (bottom right of playback screen.

Or better yey, download and install SmartPSS
DahuaWiki