Acer i5-7400 3.0GHz system - $399

Reaction score
Folks:

Thinking about new hardware for my BI server and Microcenter has this Acer system for $399.

Micro Center - Computers and Electronics

• Intel Core i5-7400 Processor 3.0GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • 8GB DDR4-2400 RAM
  • 1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • Intel HD Graphics 630
  • 8x DVD-SuperMulti Double-Layer Drive
  • Digital Media Card Reader
  • 10/100/1000 Network
  • 802.11ac Wireless
  • Bluetooth 4.0 LE
  • Display Not Included

I'm running 10 cams with a mix of 720 / 1080 and it's pushing the spare laptop I'm using as a server now - especially since I hooked up a 4K monitor. (The one thing I might add to the system above is a dedicated graphics card, as my current understanding from reading the forums is hooking my 4k monitor up to a separate card but keeping Intel HW acceleration on would be the ideal combo for BI).

Feedback welcome...

-Rob

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Folks:

Thinking about new hardware for my BI server and Microcenter has this Acer system for $399.

Micro Center - Computers and Electronics

• Intel Core i5-7400 Processor 3.0GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • 8GB DDR4-2400 RAM
  • 1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • Intel HD Graphics 630
  • 8x DVD-SuperMulti Double-Layer Drive
  • Digital Media Card Reader
  • 10/100/1000 Network
  • 802.11ac Wireless
  • Bluetooth 4.0 LE
  • Display Not Included

I'm running 10 cams with a mix of 720 / 1080 and it's pushing the spare laptop I'm using as a server now - especially since I hooked up a 4K monitor. (The one thing I might add to the system above is a dedicated graphics card, as my current understanding from reading the forums is hooking my 4k monitor up to a separate card but keeping Intel HW acceleration on would be the ideal combo for BI).

Feedback welcome...

-Rob
I just purchased that from microcenter for my nephew...The problem with that machine is that it only has two sata ports...you can disconnect the dvd drive and use it...it has room for two drives though..
Not all systems can run both intel hd and an nvidia card together...you likely dont need any additional cards as the intel hd 630 is pretty good - better than most low end cards and almost double the performance of the haswell intel hd..it also runs windows home vs pro...kaby lake dell and hp business systems should be available soon for the same price or less via ebay/outlet.