ACTI E816 Outdoor Dome - Max Resolution Issue

Mardon

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just installed four ACTI E816 outdoor dome cameras. They are connected to an ACTI NVR model ENR-120 (2x4TB Surveillance Disks) via a Trendnet POE switch model TPE-TG80G.

The ACTI Model E816 datasheet lists the camera's effective pixels as 3856 (H) x 2764 (V) (10.66 MP). The camera is advertised as a 10MP camera.

When I try to set the camera resolution from the NVR menu it will not allow me to go any higher than 2048x1536. There are three resolutions higher than this in the NVR's drop-down menu. The highest is 3648x2736. When I try setting the cameras to any of these higher resolutions, I get the message, "This resolution is not supported." All four cameras behave the same.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong? I'd like to record the full 10MP resolution from these cameras.

Thanks, Mardon

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting acti? The NVR may not be compatible with the camera or if you have other cameras on the NVR, the limit may have been exceeded.
Note that in the past, acti 10mp cameras had very poor image quality, particularity at night. Not sure if this cam is improved or not.