ACTI NVR not responding after power outages

Mardon

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed four ACTI security cameras a few years ago. Yesterday we had 6, short-duration power outages. When I checked the camera system, the NVR's blue LED power indicator was flashing. There was no signal from the NVR's HDMI port nor could the NVR be accessed from our Home LAN.

Can anyone suggest how I should proceed? The ENR-120 has an external transformer type power supply (part of the cord). I'm guessing that this transformer might be bad or a circuit in the ENR-120 might be fried. I don't have access to a known good power supply to use for testing.

I'm just the homeowner. I installed the system myself but some of the technical issues in troubleshooting this are starting to test my technical capabilities.

I'm thinking about maybe buying a new NVR but that seems like a waste of money if the issue is only a bad power supply. I also see that the newer NVR's come with built-in POE ports. That would be handy. But I don't know if a new NVR would work with the old ACTI E816 cameras.

Anyone care to offer some easy-to-understand suggestions? Thanks.

System Details:
NVR: ACTI ENR-120
POE Switch: Trendnet TPE-TG80g 8-Port
Cameras: four ACTI E816 Outdoor domes
Camera LAN Subnet: 192.168.0.xxx
Home LAN Subnet: 192.168.2.xxx
Power Source: Surge Protector but no UPS capability

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you look at the power supply portion on that cord. A label should tell you the voltage (likely 12 VDC) and the current capability (likely 3.0 Amps or more).
There should also be a connector polarity depiction (likely that DC+ is center pin, DC- is the outside sleeve.).
If the power connector is a standard barrel type for many 12VDC CCTV items then it should measure 5.5mm outside x 2.1mm inside.
That would be pretty easy to replace.

Report back once you have discovered this info, please.

FWIW, the specs say the cams are ONVIF and are POE so it may not be too difficult to find a NVR.

Mardon

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.

The Power Adapter is Model WWS05012U, Output 12 VDC (DC+ is center pin, DC- is the outside sleeve), 4.16 Amps, 50-60 Hz. Barrel type power connector measures 5.5mm outside x 2.1mm inside. FWIW, I live in Logy Bay, Newfoundland, so I generally have to buy any specialized electronic equipment online.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.

The Power Adapter is Model WWS05012U, Output 12 VDC (DC+ is center pin, DC- is the outside sleeve), 4.16 Amps, 50-60 Hz. Barrel type power connector measures 5.5mm outside x 2.1mm inside. FWIW, I live in Logy Bay, Newfoundland, so I generally have to buy any specialized electronic equipment online.
This one is UL-listed and under $16, meets all those specs. Perhaps amazon for Canada has this or comparable.

You may already have this planned but once you get this NVR (or its replacement) running, I'd invest in a nice UPS (battery backup) for it .

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mardon

n3wb
Reaction score
This one is UL-listed and under $16, meets all those specs. Perhaps amazon for Canada has this or comparable.
You may already have this planned but once you get this NVR (or its replacement) running, I'd invest in a nice UPS (battery backup) for it .
I found a 12V 5A power supply available for sale locally. The barrel connector on the power cord was too big to fit the NVR but the same dealer had a reducer in stock to reduce the Power Adapter plug size to the NVR socket size. I just finished putting my NVR back in service with the new power adapter and all seems to be working great. BTW, I used to have a UPS supplying the NVR but the UPS battery gave out and I had not yet replaced it when the power outages occurred this week. Thanks again for your help, Tony.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.