Add external audio to IP cam with Blue Iris

minimatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to be able to add external microphones to our blue iris system and join them with particular camera feeds in Blue Iris. What's the best way to do this?
I was hoping there would be IP mics available but I haven't seen any.... Do you need to have mulitiple sound cards and use analog inputs?
Advice appreciated :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...what cameras are you currently using? how many? what is the setup/layout, home, business? it may be more efficient to replace the cameras than to run new cable to each camera..

minimatt

n3wb
Reaction score
The install is in my workplace which is a cinema complex. We're using a heap of Escam cameras which I know are cheap but they are working great :) I believe you can add a separate audio source to any camera, and I was hoping there was an audio over ip option

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no audio over ip that im aware of...if your camera is does not have an audio in option then you are out of luck unless you run a separate cable and use some sort of usb sound card..for each camera...my guess is that this will cause problems with the pc and blue iris..
Also note that in may be unlawful for your to record audio in a public place...check your state laws.