Added a sweet sign to my install!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just train the dog to get very angry when he hears the name written on the sign.

"What do you mean, UPS and Fedex no longer deliver to your address?"

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I dig the sign. Once you paint the wires you are going to have slick setup. For me, If I see that the wires are the same color as the house, I don't have reason to tamper with them. If they look new and a different color, I may want to tug on them of follow them to see where they go.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure I'd advertise your dog's name like that. It could help an intruder calm your dog.
Good point but he barks at anything outside. Even if I stand outside and call his name he will likely bark until I open the door or leave.

So I'm hoping anyone that hears him would get scared of the barking. Once the door opens he usually runs towards strangers and then just sniffs them and tries to jump on them to play. If they aren't scared off by then, well then I'm screwed. At that point he'd likely just trying playing or kissing the intruder. Luckily I just got a renters insurance policy lol.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I dig the sign. Once you paint the wires you are going to have slick setup. For me, If I see that the wires are the same color as the house, I don't have reason to tamper with them. If they look new and a different color, I may want to tug on them of follow them to see where they go.
Well I am renting this house and didn't want to drill any holes through the entire wall. I used an existing coax run and pulled out the coax cable and ran my cat 6 through the existing wall plate and hole in the exterior wall. I plan to purchase a house in about one year. When I do that I'm going to run the cables properly. This is just temporary.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is Rocky an australian shepherd?
Yes. He is a minature australian shepherd. Supposedly he came with some paper work that he is full blooded but I'm not so sure. His coat is much shorter than all the Australlian shepherds I see.

This was on his recent trip to the vet.

The joke was that he was that he was like hide me dad! I don't want shots, I want mom!

20180507_150059.jpg 20180507_150056.jpg

He always keeps an ear to the wind
20180507_151105.jpg 20180507_151116.jpg

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Love watching those vidz of big bad dogs cowering during those "Would your dog protect you?" test home invasions!

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
From what I've read, it's the barking that scares potential intruders. More than anything, they don't want neighbors or the occupants to be alerted.

I saw a show where a reformed burglar was showing what to do and not to do for home security, and he said he hated small "yappy" dogs the most. He stayed away from homes with barkers.

But I have to think that a quiet, big dog who snuck up on you and gently grabbed your ankle in his jaws might get your attention, too!

Didn't Mythbusters do a show where they ended up concluding that some tasty meat pretty much distracted even trained guard dogs?