Adding ANRAN Camera

Birdheezy

n3wb
Reaction score
I picked up 2 AR-N20W-HX36 cameras from newegg last week and am having issue adding them to blue iris. I have them set up in the "danale" company app, but am new to this and am having some problems. Blue Iris does have an ANRAN profile but when I click "find/inspect" i get "No automatic configuration made".

I have a static IP set through my router for each camera, and each camera is connected through wifi. I can't seem to connect to either camera via web browser. How do I go about getting what port these things are using and add them to BI?

Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I picked up 2 AR-N20W-HX36 cameras from newegg last week and am having issue adding them to blue iris. I have them set up in the "danale" company app, but am new to this and am having some problems. Blue Iris does have an ANRAN profile but when I click "find/inspect" i get "No automatic configuration made".

I have a static IP set through my router for each camera, and each camera is connected through wifi. I can't seem to connect to either camera via web browser. How do I go about getting what port these things are using and add them to BI?

Thanks
Those are bottom barrel junk. They may not even support rtsp/onvif streaming for third party applications like blue iris. Send them back and start over. Read the wiki on top.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why are the same file twice. The two files are identical.

What is the IP address of the bi PC.
What is the IP address of the router.
Can you ping the two cameras from the bi PC.

Birdheezy

n3wb
Reaction score
Why are the same file twice. The two files are identical.

What is the IP address of the bi PC.
What is the IP address of the router.
Can you ping the two cameras from the bi PC.
Yeah didn't see that it got uploaded the first time

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Will do. Thanks.

What would you suggest for WiFi cameras?
I would suggest no wifi at all, you need to run power so you might as well run ethernet.
if you insist, any camera can be made wifi with a cheap wifi bridge, or use powerline adapters. But it makes no sense, pay someone to run the cable if you cannot. Much better in the long run.

Birdheezy

n3wb
Reaction score
I would suggest no wifi at all, you need to run power so you might as well run ethernet.
if you insist, any camera can be made wifi with a cheap wifi bridge, or use powerline adapters. But it makes no sense, pay someone to run the cable if you cannot. Much better in the long run.
Yeah I've been debating going full PoE. I'd imagine it'sld be a lot more reliable to do PoE .

I'm not sure if I want a good 1080p camera or middle of the road 4k. Suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I've been debating going full PoE. I'd imagine it'sld be a lot more reliable to do PoE .

I'm not sure if I want a good 1080p camera or middle of the road 4k. Suggestions?
read the wiki/cliffnotes
it will be much more reliable.