Adding Blue Iris to Existing NVR

Richard Aman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like to try out Blue Iris on an existing NVR system. Is this possible?

Currently, I have an NVR running 8 cameras. The NVR has 8 POE ports on the back driving the cameras. The NVR is then connected to the network. If I plug directly into the NRV, I can see the camera's IP and log into them. But if I plug into the netowork, I can not get to the cameras through the NVR.

Is there a way to log into the cameras from the network and through the NVR?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to try out Blue Iris on an existing NVR system. Is this possible?

Currently, I have an NVR running 8 cameras. The NVR has 8 POE ports on the back driving the cameras. The NVR is then connected to the network. If I plug directly into the NRV, I can see the camera's IP and log into them. But if I plug into the netowork, I can not get to the cameras through the NVR.

Is there a way to log into the cameras from the network and through the NVR?
yes there are some threads discussing how to do this or you can pull the streams directly from the nvr

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what brand/model of NVR? Some support 'virtual host' feature that allows access to the cam thru the NVR (via port-mapping thru the NVR's NAT).
Some NVR's also allow pulling the streams for each camera (or the overview with all cams Aka Channel Zero encoding) via rtsp:// URL, which is what BI would use...

Richard Aman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what brand/model of NVR? Some support 'virtual host' feature that allows access to the cam thru the NVR (via port-mapping thru the NVR's NAT).
Some NVR's also allow pulling the streams for each camera (or the overview with all cams Aka Channel Zero encoding) via rtsp:// URL, which is what BI would use...
It is a Speco NVR