Adding Dlink DCS-935L to blue iris nightmare

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am having trouble adding this camera to blue iris. Under the dlink dropdown there are a number of cameras and the dropdown also includes 935 and 935L however there is no signal from the camera when it is added this way.

The camera works fine in its Android app fine. The picture is fine, the sound works ok too.

One the occasion that it does decide to work with one of the camera options in dropdown, the sound is very squeeky.

I have also tried a plain RTSP feed but that doesnt work either.

I have read some reviews in a few places and people have mentioned that they have been able to add the camera to blue iris, i just need to know how to do it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ali

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am having trouble adding this camera to blue iris. Under the dlink dropdown there are a number of cameras and the dropdown also includes 935 and 935L however there is no signal from the camera when it is added this way.

The camera works fine in its Android app fine. The picture is fine, the sound works ok too.

One the occasion that it does decide to work with one of the camera options in dropdown, the sound is very squeeky.

I have also tried a plain RTSP feed but that doesnt work either.

I have read some reviews in a few places and people have mentioned that they have been able to add the camera to blue iris, i just need to know how to do it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ali
check the ip address and ports..username and password

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes, IP address is static set from my router, DHCP disabled for the camera. Username and pass are correct as I can add it to the app and can also see the video feed.

The camera works really, i just need to know how to manage it on blue iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes, IP address is static set from my router, DHCP disabled for the camera. Username and pass are correct as I can add it to the app and can also see the video feed.

The camera works really, i just need to know how to manage it on blue iris.
yes, you need to enter the correct data or BI cannot pull the stream..post an image of your settings.

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more. Thats what I am trying to crack. I will post the settings in a couple of hours. Cheers for your help.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more. Thats what I am trying to crack. I will post the settings in a couple of hours. Cheers for your help.
I found this page while testing IP cams with OBS software. It's a GOLD MINE of information about accessing IP CAMS. I think it can help A LOT with acessing IP cams with VLC, Blue Iris, etc....

Connecting iSpy to IP Cameras (Camera connection database)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know if you have the latest firmware on the camera?

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have now, still same issues.

I checked ispay database, its not helpful! But thank you for suggesting it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have now, still same issues.

I checked ispay database, its not helpful! But thank you for suggesting it.
what is the error message you are getting? Also update to the latest version of blue iris, looks like you are running an older release.

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have now figured out the issue. I was wracking my brain for over a day on this. There is a authentication setting in the RSTP settings area within the camera firmware. It was set to DIGEST, I changed it to basic and presto!

I still want it to work with the DLINK settings within BL, however the RSTP stream is finally working now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I still want it to work with the DLINK settings within BL, however the RSTP stream is finally working now.
Why? Its exactly the same. You just have a little OCD. I will likely work with one of the drop down selections after you update your BI...there are obvious changes to the dlink options in the updated versions.

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No i dont have OCD, I think I dont have the patience for that. Even after the firmware update it was not working. I tried a number of options from the dropdown with different parameters and even changed the password a few times just to make sure.

This setting in authentication worked for the RSTP stream. Hopefully this will help anyone else landing on this page.

I have the latest firmware and the latest version of BL. It has never been a problem really, this camera has really tried my patience.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No i dont have OCD, I think I dont have the patience for that. Even after the firmware update it was not working. I tried a number of options from the dropdown with different parameters and even changed the password a few times just to make sure.

This setting in authentication worked for the RSTP stream. Hopefully this will help anyone else landing on this page.

I have the latest firmware and the latest version of BL. It has never been a problem really, this camera has really tried my patience.
If the RTSP stream listed under dlink cameras work, there is nothing more you could want/do..

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It works under generic but not dlink which is strange.

As a side note, apart from the painful setup for blue iris, the video stream from this camera is absolutely terrible. Even a $20 xaiomi yi camera gives better contrast and brightness.

My recommendation would be to always stick to hikvision for best image quality.

fenderman, before you say anything, I have tried to adjust image settings within the firmware, it doesnt help much.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It works under generic but not dlink which is strange.

As a side note, apart from the painful setup for blue iris, the video stream from this camera is absolutely terrible. Even a $20 xaiomi yi camera gives better contrast and brightness.

My recommendation would be to always stick to hikvision for best image quality.

fenderman, before you say anything, I have tried to adjust image settings within the firmware, it doesnt help much.
I wont argue that dlink makes crap cameras...
At this time, dahua has a major edge over hikvision when it comes to affordable low light cameras...see starlight turrets

AOHC

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I have 2 DCS 935Ls, FW 1.10, and I did have lots of problems in setting up as well.

I am able to get both working using the DCS 935,943 960 OLD Firmware RTSP Model .

I hope the following will be helpful. I should state I am still evaluating on a DEMO version, but will gladly say, I will be signing up in the next few days.
1. Options --> Cameras --> Intel HD Hardware Acceleration (restart): No.
I tried Yes + VideoPortProc and the cameras kept dropping and would not reconnect. (No Signal).

The single DCS 960L that I have, also responded to the above. I had to use Generic. Still cannot figure out why.

I should also mention,Jennifer and Ken responded quickly to my question about this, very promptly, of which I was pleased.

Just sharing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I came across this site after ducking: "adding dlink camera to blueiris", it didnt help me but i figured out my own dlink cam issue.

steps
1) find the ip of your camera (i did this via the router) lock in the IPs so they dont change (duck it if you dont know how to) .
2) user/pass you should know after having setup the mydlink connectivity
3) go directly to each camera via FIREFOX browser https://<ip>
4) In the "Live video" tab in the "Video compression format" switch to MJPEG from H.264
5) On blue iris, add camera > video tab > Network IP > configure button >
- Address http://<same IP>
- user /pass same as step 2)
- Make Dlink
- DCS-whatever + MJPEG
(view picture )
6) Done

This worked for me on multiple DCS-934L

Good luck!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I came across this site after ducking: "adding dlink camera to blueiris", it didnt help me but i figured out my own dlink cam issue.

steps
1) find the ip of your camera (i did this via the router) lock in the IPs so they dont change (duck it if you dont know how to) .
2) user/pass you should know after having setup the mydlink connectivity
3) go directly to each camera via FIREFOX browser https://<ip>
4) In the "Live video" tab in the "Video compression format" switch to MJPEG from H.264
5) On blue iris, add camera > video tab > Network IP > configure button >
- Address http://<same IP>
- user /pass same as step 2)
- Make Dlink
- DCS-whatever + MJPEG
(view picture )
6) Done

This worked for me on multiple DCS-934L

Good luck!
mjpeg streaming is more bandwidth and cpu intensive than h.264