Adding Hikvision Cameras to Milestone Essential?

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, last night I downloaded the 30 day trail of Milestone Essential, I own 5 cameras, 4 Hikvisions and 1 Foscam.
I can not get Milestone to install any of the cameras, I scanned the local network and also tried adding the IP addresses or IP ranges to be scanned and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I initially could not find how to add them manually. The screen layout is somewhat very unusual on my computer system. It's like the fonts are to large and do not all show on the screen layout, I've never seen this ever happen before on my computer.

The manual configuration was not shown, all I could see was part of the Auto Configuration.

I found a way to overcome this by hitting the tab key to change from auto to manual.

I now have the 4 Hikvision Cameras installed, The Foscam it will not detect. Is there no support for Foscam?

Also the footage is not smooth. My cameras work fine in Blue Iris, Here in Milestone, there not smooth, It's like it's only 1 or 2 fps.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The fps issue I notice is not displayed in the Milestone XProtect Smart Client 2014, The footage are all smooth.

Looking pretty good so far, Now if I can get the Foscam to work on this, I will be onto a winner here.

Anyone have any suggestions I could try? My camera is a Foscam Fi9805W

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had no luck with Foscam cameras, ended up sending them all back and went with HikVision cameras instead.. much better quality and easier to manage, and much less finicky!

fx72

n3wb
Reaction score
For the Foscam camera:

(Legacy) Universal Driver
Video Properties:
Codec: JPEG
Streaming Mode: HTTP
Delivery mode: Multipart stream
Retrieval mode: Streaming
Connection URI: videostream.cgi

I have an older model Foscam and had to disable the microphone. Not sure if you have to do the same.

LBJ

n3wb
Reaction score
regarding FOSCAM how do you disable the microphone? --- do you mean in the camera or in Xprotect? if you disable in the camera, how do you do this?