Adding Microphone and Speaker to a Poe Cam under BI - Wiring and Settings Need Advice

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Note what i want to achieve:
>Install a poe camera at my front door and to have this 2 options:
1.A microphone to hear what people talk.(I should hear them to my pc under my BI Software or on my iphone BI app.)
2.A speaker so i can talk back to them (Using my iphone Bi app or maybe my pc)

My system and what i have as of now to get this to work:

My Nvr:
iSmart 8CH POE NVR

My Poe Camera:
Security Outdoor HD 1080P IR 2MP POE Network IP Camera Audio ONVIF NightVision

Microphone:
VideoSecu High Sensitive Preamp Mini Audio Pickup Tiny Spy Microphone with Power Bypass for Security Audio Sound Voice Monitoring Recording

Poe Spliter:
ELEGIANT Power Over Ethernet POE Splitter 12V 2A POE Adapter For IP Cameras

Small speaker.

Computer: Dell Optiplex 9020 Quad core with windows 10. (Used only for the security system - specially for BI)

Picture of my setup:
Main Picture

So right now the Poe camera plugs into my Nvr and then i added to my BI , it looks that everything works but to know for sure will install the camera today and will see for sure
if the microphone capture all the talking outside and then will come and have a look at the recorded clips inside.

Now here is what i wanted to ask: while pressing the microphone icon on the BI app, i barely can hear my voice into the speaker! Not sure if we need to do some adjustments somewhere or maybe the speaker is not
intended for this job? Maybe i need a different kind of speaker or maybe the camera audio out must go to a audio amp and then from the amp to the speaker?!?!... Or maybe because the Poe camera goes to my poe nvr and then from my local ip network goes to the BI , maybe there is a loss of volume sound there? ..hmm.

Here are some more pictures related to the setup i have:

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4
Camera Settings:
Both Screens has 2 options to choose , see arrows:

Pic5

Pic6

Pic7

Pic8

Pic9

Thanks for any help and advice ! and hope this will help others too if they want to setup something like this.

Regards,
P.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

deathcomp

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Adding Microphone and Speaker to a Poe Cam under BI - Wiring and Settings Need Ad

Thank you very much. I have been looking for weeks trying to do a setup just like this. So that speaker doesn't need power or is it getting it from the camera? The problem I've always seen is how to get power to the speaker.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Re: Adding Microphone and Speaker to a Poe Cam under BI - Wiring and Settings Need Ad

deathcomp,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm trying to do the same thing. (same mic, same poe splitter, similar speaker). I've concluded a powered speaker is needed. The camera just can't drive the speaker adequately.

The ideal solution would be a 12V powered speaker, IP66 (outdoor rated). I found you post while looking for that!

Fastb

deathcomp

n3wb
Reaction score

I actually am trying to get a hikivision DS-2CD2432F-IW to use for this as it has a built in speaker and mic (and it was only $116 or something instead of $500+ as most built in 2 way audio cameras). So far I'm having problems getting BI to send my audio from my pc mic to the camera speaker. For some reason it's sending it to my pc speakers instead.

Still working on this one.

RobHyde

n3wb
Reaction score
Note what i want to achieve:
Install a poe camera at my front door and to have this 2 options:
1.A microphone to hear what people talk.(I should hear them to my pc under my BI Software or on my iphone BI app.)
2.A speaker so i can talk back to them (Using my iphone Bi app or maybe my pc)

My system and what i have as of now to get this to work:

My Nvr:
iSmart 8CH POE NVR

My Poe Camera:
Security Outdoor HD 1080P IR 2MP POE Network IP Camera Audio ONVIF NightVision

Microphone:
VideoSecu High Sensitive Preamp Mini Audio Pickup Tiny Spy Microphone with Power Bypass for Security Audio Sound Voice Monitoring Recording

Poe Spliter:
ELEGIANT Power Over Ethernet POE Splitter 12V 2A POE Adapter For IP Cameras

Small speaker.

Computer: Dell Optiplex 9020 Quad core with windows 10. (Used only for the security system - specially for BI)

Picture of my setup:
Main Picture

So right now the Poe camera plugs into my Nvr and then i added to my BI , it looks that everything works but to know for sure will install the camera today and will see for sure
if the microphone capture all the talking outside and then will come and have a look at the recorded clips inside.

Now here is what i wanted to ask: while pressing the microphone icon on the BI app, i barely can hear my voice into the speaker! Not sure if we need to do some adjustments somewhere or maybe the speaker is not
intended for this job? Maybe i need a different kind of speaker or maybe the camera audio out must go to a audio amp and then from the amp to the speaker?!?!... Or maybe because the Poe camera goes to my poe nvr and then from my local ip network goes to the BI , maybe there is a loss of volume sound there? ..hmm.

Here are some more pictures related to the setup i have:

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4
Camera Settings:
Both Screens has 2 options to choose , see arrows:

Pic5

Pic6

Pic7

Pic8

Pic9

Thanks for any help and advice ! and hope this will help others too if they want to setup something like this.

Regards,
P.

Is there any chance you can repost the pictures to your write up? Thanks it looks like what I was looking for.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Those are the pictures, i don't have that setup anymore as i moved from that specific house where was installed.

WIRES1.jpg

Attachments