Adding poe camera to blue iris

Tabac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all

I have a nvr connected to 4 cameras I hav3 them setup with blue iris, I have purchased a stand alone poe camera a zosi IPC-2612D-W-P I've connected it to my poe switch and it's getting a ip address from my router but blue iris can't see it I've tried adding it with the cameras ip address but it's not working

Could someone point me in the right direction?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the bi server and the new cam in the same network? What are their ip addresses?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a guess, but I'm betting since it's not the same brand as the NVR it's being "blocked" by the NVR, at least the video stream. What brand is the NVR and other four cameras?

Tabac

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a guess, but I'm betting since it's not the same brand as the NVR it's being "blocked" by the NVR, at least the video stream. What brand is the NVR and other four cameras?
It a sannce nrv and camera system maybe if I disconnect it maybe I can connect the other camera

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have a separate network switch, I'd suggest attaching the camera to that and power it with a wall wart. You should be able to access the camera through its web GUI that way.

I've only ever used BI so I can't really comment on the sannce NVR other than to say NVRs are not really the optimal solution in many cases.

Tabac

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have a separate network switch, I'd suggest attaching the camera to that and power it with a wall wart. You should be able to access the camera through its web GUI that way.

I've only ever used BI so I can't really comment on the sannce NVR other than to say NVRs are not really the optimal solution in many cases.
yes thats how im trying it pluged into a poe switch when i tpye the ip into a browser it cant be reached but i can ping the camera

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the camera have a web GUI that you're aware of or does it require specific software to configure it? For another method, you could download the demo version of Blue Iris and add it there using the known IP for it, along with the right login credentials, and tell BI to look for it to see if it an see that camera. I don't want to be insulting, but that camera isn't the best solution. It looks similar to many clones of Reolink stuff to me which, given the firmware changes, can make it a little tough to work with.

Tabac

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the camera have a web GUI that you're aware of or does it require specific software to configure it? For another method, you could download the demo version of Blue Iris and add it there using the known IP for it, along with the right login credentials, and tell BI to look for it to see if it an see that camera. I don't want to be insulting, but that camera isn't the best solution. It looks similar to many clones of Reolink stuff to me which, given the firmware changes, can make it a little tough to work with.
yeah it was a cheap camera just wanted to see if i could get it to work with bi without nvr, but ive found out that the ip address is 192.168.138.102, now i have to find a way to change it to 192.168.1.xxx to match my lan would anyone know to this could be done?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Simply change the address of your network adapter to the same 192.168.138.xx subnet. Then you should be able to connect to it and change its' IP address to match your local LAN address scheme. Then, switch the address back in your PC.

Tabac

n3wb
Reaction score
Simply change the address of your network adapter to the same 192.168.138.xx subnet. Then you should be able to connect to it and change its' IP address to match your local LAN address scheme. Then, switch the address back in your PC.
hey that worked i can see the camera but im unable to change the ip of the camera ive found some zosi saoftware to change the ip but the camera doesnt come up, ive added the camera to blue iris when i put my computers ip to 192.168.138.xxx, would there be any other way to change the ip of the camera?

also ive tried to assing a static ip to the camera with the mac address but the mac id keeps changing!

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
From your PC, open a browser and enter the IP of the camera. You should get a web configuration page that will probably need a login which should be in the documentation for the camera. Once logged in you should be able to change the IP of the camera as well as configure a lot of other things.

Tabac

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I tri3d to go to the Camera with the browser but I just get a yellow screen nothing shows up would anyone know any standalone poe cameras that I can buy that I can change the ip I think this camera is locked I've even tried the the zosi software to change the ip but it just goes back to the default ip address

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua comes to mind. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. If that camera is locked it is real junk. What can possibly be so proprietary in a camera that it needs to be locked? That removes too much functionality/control from the user to be able to maximize the configuration.

Tabac

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I know I thought for $39 AUD it was worth a try

Tabac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all I have finally managed to get this camera to work I created a network for 192.168.138.xxx on my pfsense router and created a vlan the quality isn't too bad for the price!