Advice for Installing LED Floodlights

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am going to be installing a dual head floodlight to light up my back driveway. I am looking for advice on the best place to mount the light. I have included a picture of the garage. I was thinking that it would be best to mount the lights in the middle of the garage below the basketball hoop and above the garage door or on the peak above the basketball hoop. I can also take the basketball hoop down if needed. I am concerned that if I mount the light too low that it will wash out the details of a person's face. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a double socket lights by the front, rear and garage doors with gv led bulbs, though I use the 1500 lumen 100 watt equivalent 5000k bulbs. Lights are about 7.5 feet high, camera around 7 foot. No issues with faces being too bright, though infrared is turned off on the door cameras as it did wash out faces. I looked at the bulbs you have, but opted for the 1500 lumen plus they emit light in more directions.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I’m going to be running the camera in forced color mode once the lights are installed. I just wasn’t sure if there’d be an advantage to mounting the lights higher versus directly above the garage door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've mounted all my lights as high as possible, the garage peak being the highest. I keep my work truck in front of garage so the light shines over top as well and behind it.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks! I am definitely happy with the added lights and being able to run in forced color mode :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk