Advice on Auto tracking, PTZ, IP, POE camera.

Reaction score
I am looking to buy from any reliable chinese supplier.
It needs to be 1080p or above, auto tracking, PTZ, IP66, POE, I am willing to spend a little over $250.00.

Your comments will be appreciated.

Thank you

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
In short it doesn't exist with all requirements above. you will need to either drop auto tracking or POE requirement

Reaction score
That is not good, Auto tracking stays.
So, I can only have POE+PTZ Varifocal or Auto Tacking+PTZ Varifocal?
Being that the case, can you suggest the make and model or links to it?

Thank you.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Check Huisun subforum for 10x Mini PTZ v2 or 20x Speedome with auto tracking. I don't have the speedome, but from what I've seen auto tracking isn't very exciting on this cam. If you want the best auto tracking then Hikvision is the best option.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
all software based auto tracking Ive seen is pretty much a gimmic, prepare to be disappointed.

I use physical sensors and an external controller to do autotracking, works a treat.. but ive spent more than your looking to spend on the sensors alone.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
all software based auto tracking Ive seen is pretty much a gimmic, prepare to be disappointed.

I use physical sensors and an external controller to do autotracking, works a treat.. but ive spent more than your looking to spend on the sensors alone.

the price your willing to spend will barely get you a decent PTZ, with no advanced features like autotracking.. or a little bit more money will get you a really crappy PTZ with a bunch of poorly implemented features tossed in a bag.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience with auto-tracking, so Auto tracking is not really what they claimed to be?
is there post where you explained what you did with the sensors? it sound interesting.

Any experiences with this one?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Security-30x-IR-2-Megapixel-HD-PTZ-Mini-Onvif-IP-Camera/1248007_32281787873.html

I think I rather have 1080p.

This one has a POE adapter:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/20X-Optical-Zoom-2MP-Full-HD-1080P-PTZ-IP-Camera-Auto-Tracking-IR-Camera/32323301162.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.267.bSRJZn

Looks too have what I am looking for, but has not found reviews on it.
I also would like one with audio if possible.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would not touch any of those junk PTZ's with nice Dahua's in the same range: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DAHUA-2Mp-Full-HD-20x-Network-IR-PTZ-Dome-Camera-IP66-Original-English-Version-without-Logo/32606903702.html

Auto Tracking first of all can never track objects out of frame.. I have 270 degree range of my black face dahua, but it at most can see 50 degrees at a time.. usually 20 degrees or less depending on where I park the zoom... but my external sensors can watch my cameras back and alert it of activity out of frame.

they are also far to easily confused when you get more than one object on it, ie, if someone walks by a moving tree it'll start chasing tree branches and leave the human being out of frame.. its like a kid in a toy store, distracted by everything shiny and spazing out all over the place.. omg a bag blowing in the air, thats way more important than the guy sneaking around back with a gun.. oh look how pretty.

until software is good enough to count limbs and use facial recognition so it locks onto a specific target in a crowd and maintains the lock as long as they are in view I dont think anyone will find much use for whats currently avilable.. its a Gimmic to sell cameras, and then everyone gets disapointed, turns it off and lives without it.. if you had really high hopes for auto tracking then you will be very let down, more so if you paid specifically for that feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience with auto-tracking, so Auto tracking is not really what they claimed to be?
is there post where you explained what you did with the sensors? it sound interesting.

Any experiences with this one?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Security-30x-IR-2-Megapixel-HD-PTZ-Mini-Onvif-IP-Camera/1248007_32281787873.html

I think I rather have 1080p.

This one has a POE adapter:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b5qvPEJO

Looks too have what I am looking for, but has not found reviews on it.
I also would like one with audio if possible.
Contrary to what nayr says about these "junk PTZ's" these are good cams, except auto tracking feature is not that exciting, I don't personally buy these because they don't offer POE option due to high power requirement. There is a thread in Huisun subforum. Imporx resells Huisun without branding, they are identical in terms of hardware.

I like the look of Dahua PTZ and it supports POE+, but it's $100 more.

Reaction score
Thanks for the Dahua link, I will look into it. wow!! $95.00 shipping? what gives?

Klasipca, check this link, it has POE, you have to scroll down,makes it interesting.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the Dahua link, I will look into it. wow!! $95.00 shipping? what gives?

Klasipca, check this link, it has POE, you have to scroll down,makes it interesting.
Ok I see they offer external POE injector.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they just deflated the price and inflated the shipping to make it look cheaper than it is... welcome to AliExpress

Ive got the previous version of that with no Smart Features (Face/TripWire/Abandoned/Missing) and I paid $650 2 years ago and I have never once thought I paid too much for it.. especially since I have experience using name brand PTZ's that cost many times that without any better performance..

Mine has survived two damn cold winters and blistering hot summers 2 stories up on the south side of my house, it has not given me a single bit of grief.. I have not physically touched it since I installed it all that time ago.

This video was taken on the summer I installed it

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Normal practice everywhere. I remember you could buy 0.01 cent products on ebay, but pay $20 shipping charge.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah eBay nipped it in the bud when they changed 'Sort by Price' to 'Sort by Price+Shipping'

AliExpress does not calculate shipping for price sorting, so it encourages this behavior to get your products to the top of the results when someone sorts by lowest price.

Makes it a total pain to find out who's actually cheapest, gotta check out all the vendors

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey Nayr, is the mini black face Dahua ptz you have weatherproof?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no its technically an indoor camera.. im using it outdoor in a well protected area.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh okay. I need a low profile mini ir ptz cam for a front area.

Reaction score
I would like to see sample video of this Dahua for day light and night vision.
Have you bumped into it?