Advice regarding Hikvision alternatives

marble

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I was really hoping to get some advice on here as it seems like a lot of the users know their stuff. I currently have an 8MP Swann CCTV setup (PoE) and the cameras have built in LED lights which activate upon motion and this helps to give colour vision at night. However, we've been having a lot of issues with the Swann so we'd like to move over to another brand. It seems like Hikvision has been recommended by most installers in the UK (especially the latest 8MP colour vu) however it comes with a very high price tag.

The Hikvision has everything that we'd like i.e 4K, good night vision with their ColorVu, the mobile app loads quickly and is easy to playback/save videos too. I think I was also told that it's easy to make a lot of changes to the settings through their mobile app which is good too as our CCTV setup is in the loft so being able to do things from the app helps a lot.

I was also told that we can set up an audible alert for the Hikvision so that if anybody trespasses on our property at night, the camera will make a sound to warn the thieves away. This is an important feature for us as we get a lot of thieves trying car doors or walking into gardens at night to see if there is anything that they can steal.

I wanted to ask if there are any alternatives to the Hikvision 8MP ColorVu? I've read that Annke is just Hikvision rebranded however a lot of the reviews suggest that people have issues with their glitchy software/apps. I've seen some Ebay packages where sellers will mix the Hikvision NVR's with other brands equivalent 8MP ColorVu cameras. I appreciate that I will have to pay for reliability/quality, so I was just wondering if there is anything just as good but more competitively priced?

jimmyg

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there any High quality, low cost products similar to the Colorvu that aren't Chinese given recent UK and EU moves to potentially ban Hikvision and others?