Advice thought on suitable doorbell to be used from BlueIris

oz28

n3wb
Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading my security and alarm system and would like to self manage using BlueIris, but before hand I would like to know if what I plan is doable. Can you please advise a newbie on this question.
I believe that adding HikVision cameras will not be a problem, my concern is the doorbell. I have Nest Hello (nice looking) and I am wondering is anyway that it can be “re-used” in BlueIris (if I remove it from the Nest App, shouldn’t be just a IP “point” to add? My suspicion is that it cannot be done, in that case I was looking to get the DS-KB6003-WIP WiFi video doorbell. Reading some on this site even using HikConnect was a challenge, so is it even possible (mean to add to the system) using BlueIris? Is there a reasonably priced, good looking doorbell that can be integrated with the HIK cameras and NVR using BlueIris?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
You want to look for a camera that will output it's stream via a RTSP video stream. If the camera has ONVIF then that is even better, but ONVIF isn't a requirement. Most of the "cloud based" cameras offered by companies like Ring, Nest, etc do not allow RTSP and therefore cannot be used with BI.

There are plenty of options that do work however. One of the more popular options on this forum has been the NSC-DB2 wireless doorbell camera. It is sold under a variety of brand names like RCA, EZVIZ, Nelly, and others. There is a very long thread here that is several years old and several hundred posts long. New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera I would suggest this camera over the DS-KB6003-WIP you have been looking at, but there might even be a newer option that is better (I installed this camera about 2 years ago and haven't really looked into doorbell cameras since).

EDIT - there is a newer version available called the DB1C. It has better image quality, but no IR emitters built into it. Review: EZVIZ DB1C

I would recommend that you search the forum for "doorbell cameras" and read a few threads.

Last edited: