Advise from the experts on firmware update for Hikvision RR 7716 Ni e4

samslack

n3wb
Reaction score
i picked up a new Hikvision 7716NI e4 with Aarr on the serial number I read here its the multilingual version right from China i think. The default language was Spanish. It mostly works but seems a bit buggy on some functions.

its running. . Sf ver 3.4.98_171121

Im attaching screenshots

Has anyone successfully upgraded these ?

I purchased from an ebay seller USAcompUA

His feed back was good so i figured i gamble on it....prob not a great idea but i always learned the hard way lol...

I found the thread about how to understand the sn differences. That was super helpful. How do i see what region its set to?

Thanks in advance ..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully upgraded these ?
You are already running the latest, and probably last, firmware for that model.
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

It mostly works but seems a bit buggy on some functions.
His feed back was good so i figured i gamble on it....prob not a great idea but i always learned the hard way lol...
These models with that firmware are pretty solid, in my experience.
What problems are you seeing?

samslack

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting. I didnt realize there was such a problem w these units being cloned or counterfit.

So your basically saying there is no new firmware to download. So dont even worry about it.

The presets work on my hikvision oem 4mp mini ptz. But patrol does not. I set the presets configired the patrol and when you hit play nothing. I have watched several videos and its straight forward. Many show menus specifically ptz that i have in the nvr but not when in the web gui. Is this normal?

Is there some special setting i need to enable?

This is the camera it was listed as hikvision oem 4mp but in the box it says hirovision ... very confusing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk