Advise setting up multiple TV's

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, i need help / advise / suggestions with the following situation:
I have an installation, big building, installed 32 cameras, which are connected to poe switches all over the building. Now We want to view some cameras on TV's located at different Rooms. There are internet cables running to the tv's.
In first case we wanted to use HDMI utp extenders , but then we cannot set which camera to view, that would display them all, which is not wanted. On every tv, different views have to be set.
What would be the best solution for this ? In order to not bang the network .Image quality is no priority on the TV's . Substream with low bitrate is ok.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, i need help / advise / suggestions with the following situation:
I have an installation, big building, installed 32 cameras, which are connected to poe switches all over the building. Now We want to view some cameras on TV's located at different Rooms. There are internet cables running to the tv's.
In first case we wanted to use HDMI utp extenders , but then we cannot set which camera to view, that would display them all, which is not wanted. On every tv, different views have to be set.
What would be the best solution for this ? In order to not bang the network .Image quality is no priority on the TV's . Substream with low bitrate is ok.
Are you using blue iris. Can you setup small raspberry pi computers in each of those rooms and run ui3 (I would say 2-3 might not increase CPU usage too much) and then you can use groups to display the cameras you only require.

If you are using a different system I am not sure...

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply. I am not using Blue iris. What i was actually thinking of, are either placing an cheap NVR behind the tv, then adding the ip adress of the wanted camera, OR maybe An windows USB drive , installing ivms on it ,and adding cameras there, but last option is much more expensive i think.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What i was thinking about is to place those mini nvr about 12cm by 12cm. as small as possible. hard disk no need. But then i have to add them by onvif protocol OR rstp ( which would make it little bit more complicated with the steam links )
If that will cause timeouts because of onvif, i can also place Hikvision NVR, so it all communicates over private protocol. Anyone experience with such a setup ?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use a roku ultra in my bedroom. There is an app you can install (IP CamViewer Pro) or something like that.

You can pick what cameras you want to see. Can even set it as the screensaver of the TV.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can get a few cheap Android boxes for under $25 with the S905 chip in them.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As vandyman mentioned, you could use something similar to this: Android TV Box. There is a possibility that any Android box with less than 2GB RAM will struggle displaying multiple streams fluidly.
Are all of the 32 cameras same model/same brand? Reason I ask, (and going to probably over complicate it) if all the cameras are Hikvision for example, you have the option of leveraging their WebSDK. With a bit of legwork and a web server, each TV via the Android box could use a browser directed at a specific URL with only the required feeds displayed.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes all of them hikvision.
How about installing ivms 4500 on all of the devices, then just adding the ip adress. And view quad or 9 view on fluency. ?

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might be possible, if the devices are within spec. Even with fluency or basic selected it's probably worth going for a beefier spec'd device. Having iVMS-4500 displaying selected cam IPs is possible - but may become a user nightmare if the authentication session doesn't persist or a power saving feature kicks in requiring the app to reload or user interaction to wake the OS. Guess the only way is to purchase a test unit to try out.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a solution which would pop up a live PIR alert on the TV screen regardless of which AV input was being watched? Presumably the Android TV box solution wouldn't work if viewing cable/satellite TV from a different source? Maybe a PIP solution?