after last few updates cameras are dropping

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not sure what is going on but i have two cameras - wireless that keep dropping from BI. I have two networks - one is all wired which has most of my cameras but my internal network is wireless (how i access BI) and the two internal cameras are wireless on that same network. i noticed after one of the last few updates that they go offline but i confirmed they are up and i can access them from wireless network and from the BI server. rebooting server or restarting BI service fixes issue for a little while and then they go back offline. this just started happening a week or two ago and i failed to realize it and which update it started with. any idea on how i can troubleshoot this is appreciated.

one is a crappy foscam. the other is an HK.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not sure what is going on but i have two cameras - wireless that keep dropping from BI. I have two networks - one is all wired which has most of my cameras but my internal network is wireless (how i access BI) and the two internal cameras are wireless on that same network. i noticed after one of the last few updates that they go offline but i confirmed they are up and i can access them from wireless network and from the BI server. rebooting server or restarting BI service fixes issue for a little while and then they go back offline. this just started happening a week or two ago and i failed to realize it and which update it started with. any idea on how i can troubleshoot this is appreciated.

one is a crappy foscam. the other is an HK.
I have a similar problem with a Foscam camera. It's a bit unusual... an FI9821W V1 with separate http and media ports. I'm wondering if it is something to do with the two separate ports but I haven't been able to find a configuration that gives a stable connection for this camera with recent Blue Iris versions. Connecting to the camera's web interface is rock solid.

I am still using Blue Iris version 4.4.9.10 because that is the last version that did not have the disconnect issue for that camera. I periodically try newer versions as they are released but cannot get a stable connection of this one camera with any newer version.

NXNYIT

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issues here. Cameras drop off in waves every 20 minutes or so, reconnect almost instantly. Just offline long enough for me to notice. Also using Foscams exclusively. Started maybe 2 or 3 updates ago. Maybe two.

NXNYIT

n3wb
Reaction score
For what it's worth I solved my own issues. I had two problems. The first being an IP conflict within the network causing intermittent connectivity to the server hosting BlueIris. Once that was resolved I noticed a huge increase in stability (Odiously)

The second issue was fragmented drives in our server. Once these were taken care of and scheduled to defragment each day as opposed to weekly, we are no longer having issues. We do have 14 cameras recording on motion so I really should have figured fragmentation as an issue. Hope this helps someone.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had issues with two wired cameras; frequent "signal restored" errors. Oddly by changing the cameras feed to mpeg4 from H.265 fixes it (but lowers the frame rate). Not a network issue, the cameras are on different switches and no issues with my other cameras. Wasn't an issue until I did an update from a 6 monht old version to the current one. But you might try making the change to mpeg4 video feed (its under Video settings for Network IP Camera)

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upped my Receive buffer up to 35 mb and it didn't help with this issue...

NXNYIT

n3wb
Reaction score
I would try to update the cameras if needed. Check fragmentation on drives that are being recorded to, even though it doesn't really sound like that is the root of the issue.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did a camera update after it occurred, and I record to SSD so its not that. It definitely coincided with Blue Iris update. Finding the workaround made it not worthwhile to track down the cause. I'm not an expert, but I wanted to share what I did to make it work.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with a Foscam camera. It's a bit unusual... an FI9821W V1 with separate http and media ports. I'm wondering if it is something to do with the two separate ports but I haven't been able to find a configuration that gives a stable connection for this camera with recent Blue Iris versions. Connecting to the camera's web interface is rock solid.

I am still using Blue Iris version 4.4.9.10 because that is the last version that did not have the disconnect issue for that camera. I periodically try newer versions as they are released but cannot get a stable connection of this one camera with any newer version.
I have managed to resolve this issue. The solution -- well, as fenderman would say, "there's something wrong with your settings", although in this case I believe something changed in Blue Iris that has required me to change my settings. Finding the setting to change was the hard part.

On this camera's Video tab, Network IP/Configure screen the Find/Inspect function identifies this camera as "FI9802/18/20/21 (legacy) media port 888" and the video stream was stable in Blue Iris with that setting up to version 4.4.9.10. Changing the camera Model to "C1/C2/R2/R4/FI98xx/990x RTSP" now is giving me a stable video stream with the latest version 4.6.4.6 of Blue Iris.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For what it's worth I solved my own issues. I had two problems. The first being an IP conflict within the network causing intermittent connectivity to the server hosting BlueIris. Once that was resolved I noticed a huge increase in stability (Odiously)

The second issue was fragmented drives in our server. Once these were taken care of and scheduled to defragment each day as opposed to weekly, we are no longer having issues. We do have 14 cameras recording on motion so I really should have figured fragmentation as an issue. Hope this helps someone.
Can you defrag the drive while it's recording clips or do you do it when recording is suspended?