After latest update, my recordings are all black!?

Bryank930

n3wb
Reaction score
So after latest update to 4.1.9, my recordings are all black!? I can see a small preview when I expand the clips pane, but when they play, it's just a black box. I haven't changed any settings and this worked fine before it updated. Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So after latest update to 4.1.9, my recordings are all black!? I can see a small preview when I expand the clips pane, but when they play, it's just a black box. I haven't changed any settings and this worked fine before it updated. Any suggestions?
Are you playing back from the pc? or mobile app/webserver

Bryank930

n3wb
Reaction score
You know...that's the only thing I haven't done yet. LOL

But, no error messages or anything. And it's only my Hikvision camera that's affected. The other crappy cameras still playback just fine.

Bryank930

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. I rebooted. Same deal. I even just updated to 4.1.9.2. I'm going to see if deleting all past recordings and rebuilding the DB will fix it.

Edit: That didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryank930

n3wb
Reaction score
So if I switch recording formats to MPEG-4, I can view the recordings in an external player. I seems to be something broken with the Blue Iris DVR files themselves or the player inside of BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So if I switch recording formats to MPEG-4, I can view the recordings in an external player. I seems to be something broken with the Blue Iris DVR files themselves or the player inside of BI.
you might want to try reintalling BI...

Bryank930

n3wb
Reaction score
Still nothing after uninstall/reinstall using a freshly downloaded blueiris.exe.

It's strange that it will record and playback from my foscrap just fine, but nothing from my Hik 2332.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still nothing after uninstall/reinstall using a freshly downloaded blueiris.exe.

It's strange that it will record and playback from my foscrap just fine, but nothing from my Hik 2332.
I would email support. Your foscams are likely mpeg so they may not be exhibiting the problem.

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issue having made no settings changes except latest update. When viewing a bvr video, it appears to be playing (time scale moves) but screen is blank. When trying to convert to WM for viewing, BI crashes. I've contacted support.