Afternoon visit

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice video.. Those guys were not very good at breaking in.

when posting a video post it to youtube then add a link here, so others do not need to download it to view it.

The bad guys were well disguised, and would never be identified.

Reaction score
@soul65 fyi most people prefer to have the video hosted on youtube, it just adds a layer of safety from clicking unknown file attachments, since you frequently cannot trust the extension.

That being said: VirusTotal

So I watched your video, and all I could think was a few seconds earlier and they would have seen your buddy? dropping in, but its really unfortunate you didnt have spikes on top your fences that could have torn their little sacks open as they tried to escape. Seems like it would have been good karma.

What was the one working on with the vise-grips, a door latch or something?

soul65

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok i will know for next time regarding the Video . Yes that was using mole grips to try break the lock . we only just moved in would have been nice to crack him with the lump of wood

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wow, that's absolutely insane... talk about timing.

Thanks @soul65 for sharing this!

Looks like it is time to add a camera to cover the cars on the street to capture license plate and occupant info. They probably hooded / masked up in the car while parked next to your fence.

upload_2019-1-28_11-43-52.png
upload_2019-1-28_11-47-28.png
upload_2019-1-28_11-48-0.png
upload_2019-1-28_11-48-23.png
upload_2019-1-28_11-49-30.png

and the chase is on

upload_2019-1-28_11-50-34.png

Attachments

Reaction score
Was hoping to see that back window explode from that board you threw....almost
same! At least then OP would have had a door frame or something to fix, but perp would have had a broken rear window (easily couple hundred dollars) in expenses for their folly, not to mention call the cops and have them on the lookout for a white (possibly Volkswagon Scirocco) with a busted rear window. That's karma.

Agree with others, next step, more cameras to get license plates and possibly zoomed interior looks just in case they weren't driving around with masks over their faces (which might get them a glance or two). I see a couple ladders on the truck, is it some type of business or something where they thought they might be able to score some tools or electronics?

soul65

n3wb
Reaction score
same! At least then OP would have had a door frame or something to fix, but perp would have had a broken rear window (easily couple hundred dollars) in expenses for their folly, not to mention call the cops and have them on the lookout for a white (possibly Volkswagon Scirocco) with a busted rear window. That's karma.

Agree with others, next step, more cameras to get license plates and possibly zoomed interior looks just in case they weren't driving around with masks over their faces (which might get them a glance or two). I see a couple ladders on the truck, is it some type of business or something where they thought they might be able to score some tools or electronics?
Car was Stolen and them cameras came with the house when we bought it , But i have just added another set up with 5MP Cams

soul65

n3wb
Reaction score
wow, that's absolutely insane... talk about timing.

Thanks @soul65 for sharing this!

Looks like it is time to add a camera to cover the cars on the street to capture license plate and occupant info. They probably hooded / masked up in the car while parked next to your fence.

Just added some new cameras much lower level . Would a IP camera work maybe on the garage facia pointing down the rd

View attachment 38655
View attachment 38656
View attachment 38657
View attachment 38658
View attachment 38659

and the chase is on

View attachment 38660

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @soul65

"Just added some new cameras much lower level ."

Very good!

"Would a IP camera work maybe on the garage facia pointing down the rd "

Suspect it would, remember to use something like a bucket test rig to confirm your positions before pulling cable.

You've got a very good idea of a typical attack approach. I would also consider adding a alarm sensor beam to the top of the fence to alert you when someone hops it.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Crazy video and you have a pretty nice gate. These are the guys that you catch and make them pay for everything that was ever stolen from you. You will get them next time.

Rollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The vice-grips were being used for what we call 'lock-snapping attack' in the UK. Most doors here have euro cylinder locks and pretty much all of the old ones can be very easily defeated.

I've fitted 'anti-snap' locks which takes all of 20 seconds to install (all the manufacturers do these now) and this type of attack doesn't work. Contrary to what the name says they don't prevent the lock being broken, they are designed with a break point built into them so they fail in a locked manner with pins still protected.

I'd *strongly* recommend fitting one.