Agent DVR Intelligence recordings

Reaction score
Hey guys. Long term Blue Iris user looking at Agent DVR. My big interest is lower resources as I'm running BI in a Docker container under Linux.

I'm wanting to use Agent DVR Intelligence alerts for triggering recordings. I've installed the module and I was getting alerts but now I may have tiwiddled things where they don't work. Here's what it looks like now:

I've noticed that the example for 'Find' shows uppercase words with no spaces but the available objects shows lowercase with spaces. Does this matter? Does the setting of Confidence 10 mean that trigger if it is at least 10% sure that it has identified the object correctly?

This is how I have the recording portion set up:

My assumption is that Mode Alert means that it will start recording when an alert happens and end when the alert stops. Is that correct?

Is there an official forum for this software? I'm finding it hard to find documentation on all of these options but I may just be overlooking things. It seems a lot of the stuff I am finding is related to Ispy. How relatable is Ispy to Agent DVR?

Thanks for your time!

Reaction score
With BI substream feature its is super light on resources.
Thanks. Still wanting to get this working to evaluate on my step up though.

I've got a pretty subpar experience with BI. Lots of false triggers but now I've added AI but I have to mask out parked cars to keep it from detecting. Maybe there's a better way but I haven't found it yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Still wanting to get this working to evaluate on my step up though.

I've got a pretty subpar experience with BI. Lots of false triggers but now I've added AI but I have to mask out parked cars to keep it from detecting. Maybe there's a better way but I haven't found it yet.
That is because you improperly setup blue iris. You need to setup zone crossing and proper motion detection. There are two ai options for BI. Sentry for 5 bux a month and deepstack free. Either is still cheaper than the ispy monthly fee for alerts and remote access.
My point simply was to address your "biggest interest".

Reaction score
Sure, and thanks. Do know that I'm running in Docker under Linux so that doesn't make life the easiest when it comes to getting Deepstack working like it is in Windows. I'm not interested in remote access from Ispy as I can handle the hosting on my side just fine. I'm really just here to see if someone can fill me in on getting this thing to do what I'm trying to do and tell me if I'm goofing something up.

abrice

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also interested in getting this working. I have it setup against two cameras but it doesn't seem to detect anything. I had similar issues with BI and deepstack. Where I live its very windy and there are lots of trees so I get a lot of false positives with branches or shadows moving into view. I've masked off most of the trees but there are quite a few I'm not able to and there's no way to get around the shadows. I'm getting so many false positives the system is more or less set to record 7x24 without alerts. I wanted to use the "intelligence" (AI) check to only alert if it detects a person or dog.