Ajhua dahua ip camera nightmare any idea please :)

moosa1991

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
i am a new member here and would like to thank you for reading this

i bought a dahua ip camera about a month ago from ebay (guy said it was a genuine)

IPC-HDW4433C-A

i then found out on the same day it was a china one

asked the ebayer and he said he was insulted as it is a genuine ebay will not do anything so guess my loss

ive installed it but its bad were my dvr will show it for 2 seconds then off again or will not login to the camera at all

now i have a genuine dahua camera and that works perfect but this one is just been a nightmare

is their any firmware updates at all to stop this and make it stable or any support on getting it working as its getting to the point of just binning it

IPC-HDW4433C-A
System Version2.621.0000.28.R, Build Date: 2018-11-10
WEB Version3.2.1.495007
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.3.1.460928)

thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,
i am a new member here and would like to thank you for reading this

i bought a dahua ip camera about a month ago from ebay (guy said it was a genuine)

IPC-HDW4433C-A

i then found out on the same day it was a china one

asked the ebayer and he said he was insulted as it is a genuine ebay will not do anything so guess my loss

ive installed it but its bad were my dvr will show it for 2 seconds then off again or will not login to the camera at all

now i have a genuine dahua camera and that works perfect but this one is just been a nightmare

is their any firmware updates at all to stop this and make it stable or any support on getting it working as its getting to the point of just binning it

IPC-HDW4433C-A
System Version2.621.0000.28.R, Build Date: 2018-11-10
WEB Version3.2.1.495007
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.3.1.460928)

thank you
Ebay will side with you. If you paid with PayPal or credit card you will win as well.

moosa1991

n3wb
Reaction score
Ebay will side with you. If you paid with PayPal or credit card you will win as well.
i spoke to them on live chat but they just said because its stated as a genuine then we must go with the buyer and will not refund or do anything ive been told its bought as it is and the buyer is not taking any responsibility that its a fake and even blocked me from opening a case against it i had the ebayer messaging me badly then at the end he replied back with sorry back day at work

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i spoke to them on live chat but they just said because its stated as a genuine then we must go with the buyer and will not refund or do anything ive been told its bought as it is and the buyer is not taking any responsibility that its a fake and even blocked me from opening a case against it i had the ebayer messaging me badly then at the end he replied back with sorry back day at work
Nope thats not how ebay works. the buyer can't block you. Nothing makes sense. Contact eBay and PayPal.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd suggest you're not using the best terminology. What's different about the camera you bought is that it was built for use in chinese language markets, and the firmware is hacked to make its user interface display in english. I would describe it as a genuine dahua chinese market camera. My point is that arguing on the basis of "genuine" might not work because it is in fact a genuine dahua camera. I took a peek at ebay and got zero hits for "IPC-HDW4433C-A genuine", so there's a chance that the point you're making your claim on wasn't in the actual camera posting on ebay.

If you're stuck with the camera, I suggest you log into it directly with a web browser, install the plugin, and see if it works ok. There's a good chance that it will. What NVR are you using? If you have a dahua NVR with fairly new firmware, it will actively reject chinese market cameras. If the camera works ok when directly logged into it, and you have older dahua NVR firmware or are using BI, then it might be a problem you can fix. If you can make it work, these 4MP chinese market cameras are ok for what they are, defined mostly by their image sensor which is perfectly good in full daylight, and not as good as others in low light conditions. Some of the 4MP international market cameras use the same sensor, so you have to be careful even when choosing them. It's possible to build a decent system using chinese market cameras, but with the international models and pricing that's available now, coupled with dahua's blocking the chinese cameras in the NVR firmware, there's not a very good argument for choosing them any more. If you haven't read the wiki yet (link at top of web page), go back and start there.

There is some good firmware available for some chinese market cameras, but I don't see your model on the list. I don't know of any other firmware options. (I use some chinese market cameras and am a little bit tuned in to this, but by no means an expert on it).

moosa1991

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd suggest you're not using the best terminology. What's different about the camera you bought is that it was built for use in chinese language markets, and the firmware is hacked to make its user interface display in english. I would describe it as a genuine dahua chinese market camera. My point is that arguing on the basis of "genuine" might not work because it is in fact a genuine dahua camera. I took a peek at ebay and got zero hits for "IPC-HDW4433C-A genuine", so there's a chance that the point you're making your claim on wasn't in the actual camera posting on ebay.

If you're stuck with the camera, I suggest you log into it directly with a web browser, install the plugin, and see if it works ok. There's a good chance that it will. What NVR are you using? If you have a dahua NVR with fairly new firmware, it will actively reject chinese market cameras. If the camera works ok when directly logged into it, and you have older dahua NVR firmware or are using BI, then it might be a problem you can fix. If you can make it work, these 4MP chinese market cameras are ok for what they are, defined mostly by their image sensor which is perfectly good in full daylight, and not as good as others in low light conditions. Some of the 4MP international market cameras use the same sensor, so you have to be careful even when choosing them. It's possible to build a decent system using chinese market cameras, but with the international models and pricing that's available now, coupled with dahua's blocking the chinese cameras in the NVR firmware, there's not a very good argument for choosing them any more. If you haven't read the wiki yet (link at top of web page), go back and start there.

There is some good firmware available for some chinese market cameras, but I don't see your model on the list. I don't know of any other firmware options. (I use some chinese market cameras and am a little bit tuned in to this, but by no means an expert on it).

Hello my dvr is a xvision system its a 16 24 ip camera system ive logged in but i cannot seem to find anything for any plugins ect

also ebay has stopped me from opening a case ect and leaving feedback this is what i mean by it

if i can have a firmwar

moosa1991

n3wb
Reaction score

Sorry about the late reply i was using a xvision dvr that was a hybridge but i have now just bought a hikvision nvr system for a nice upgrade but it still will not connect at all and now im having problems with my first camera but its only moaning that the bitrate is to high for it so should be a easy fix

moosa1991

n3wb
Reaction score
*Update after getting rid of the xvision dvr system and moving to this hikvision NVR system the camera seems to be working spot on now it was a pain to get it connected but it seems to be more stable then it was before hmmm

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
When I mentioned installing a plugin, I meant the camera's plugin. When you log into the camera directly from a browser, it should say something like "plugin not installed, click here to download". The plugin is contained in the camera's firmware. If you can see the camera's image when logging in from a web browser, the plugin is already installed. The plugins don't work with some browsers, which is a different can of worms.