Alarm Input > Notify Surveillance Center Fail

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry to bother again but i am almost got this working. I installed a PIR sensor to alarm input port 1 and the NVR sees it fine and works fine but there is 1 option i NEED. I want the NVR to send me the "Notify Surveillance Center" stuff to my desktop. I have done all the most obvious stuff, I have set the alarm host IP and Port in iVMS so it matches the NVR and it sends me the Line Cross and Intrusion events but not the Alarm Input. What else do i need to do?

I have checked the box in the NVR already and i have rebooted the NVR several times.

My NVR is 7608 NIK2/P and its not a gray market.

I repeat it works fine locally on the NVR but i need that notification with the short video clip like intrusion/line crossing.

I should not need to port forward since its all LAN based also.

Thanks for reading and happy early new year!!!

EDIT: solved. import alarm as resource in iVMS-4200 in device management tab and then you can get the notifications on 5.4.5 Firmware. i also removed alarm host IP but kept the port.

Last edited:

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have this problem????

Alarm input > linkage > notify surveillance center

Not sending to pc on same LAN.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone?? 7600 nvr series using this linkage with a pc on iVMS?

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many people have noticed that push notifications have stopped working a month or so ago... I miss the feature myself

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have got both alarm input and output working 100 percent. had to import the alarm as a resource in iVMS-4200 before i could get any notifications for alarm input detections. i am 5.4.5 so i think i read there is a problem in 5.5.1 though so if you need these features roll back if possible to 5.4.5 FW

what a headache though.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alarm notifications aren’t pushing from NVR’s. It’s not firmware related. It was working at one time on my current firmware