Alarm Out

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have recently purchased a DS -2CD4A26FWD-IZS and was hoping someone could help me with wiring up the Alarm Out. I want to eventually wire it up to a gate controller so that I can leverage the LPR functionality. Basically when a number plate that is on the whitelist is matched it needs to trigger the output alarm which will be wired into the gate controller to open the gates.

I am not very good with electronics and am trying to get the output to light up an LED just so that I can test the basics work i.e. a match if found and a signal is sent to Alarm Out.

Is there anyone that can help me with this please?

Cheers
Mike

Reaction score
Has anyone wired up the Alarm Out on any Hikvision camera? I am going to try and check voltages tomorrow but any wiring advice would be appreciated.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
First the HIK camera will not be able to "read" AND "validate" the license plate, you will need 3rd party software or other "checks and balances" to trigger that functionality.

If you want to test the alarm output via LED try the following.

Wire the LED to the alarm
Enable motion detection
Under Linkage Action: Enable Alarm (This is where you would enable email normally to get your email alerts of motion/line crossing)
Then put motion into the frame and your LED should light up via proper power source.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Zero degrees. The camera reads and validates the licence plate just fine already. It compares it to a whitelist and if the licence plate is found you can perform actions. At present the camera uploads an image of the reg to an ftp server, do I know it works. My question is not about camera configuration but purely the wiring in of the alarm output. I am not an electrical guy so don't know what the output voltage is or if I need resistors inline in order to get the led to light up etc. All this is just testing as ultimately it will interface with a gate controller to open entrance gates.

Could you post a detaileddiagram of the led wiring to alarm output if you have one please.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
It compares it to a whitelist and if the licence plate is found you can perform actions. At present the camera uploads an image of the reg to an ftp server
My apologies, my point was the HIK simply won't accomplish all this - that's what I was intending to say. As you note the HIK simply captures the image, then all the validation and existing steps take place outside the HIK platform.

See these, for possible assistance. I've never used the alarm sensors on the camera, I've only used the inputs/outputs on an NVR and with a dry door contact sensor. Sorry these are two i just found real quick via google search
How to connect sensor to IP camera's alarm I/O? | Technology News

Reaction score
Yeah I found that one on YouTube as well. It's great and kinda exactly what I want to do but there is no closeup of the wiring around the LED.

I will probably drop hikvision or the camera supplier an email tomorrow to see if someone there could help me.

For ANPR configvsee this: How to set up Hikvision ANPR

Reaction score
Yeah I do, but could do with some help wiring in the alarm out.
You any good with that type of stuff or know anyone who is?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First off what are the specifications of the LED you intend to use? Since in your own words you are not an electrical guy, I would recommend to get either a 5V or a 12V LED since adding a resistor will make the circuit more complicated for you. The 5V or 12V LEDs have an internal resistor.

Test your LED first by connecting DC+ to the POS or anode of LED and DC- to other terminal of the LED. If LED doesn't work either power supply is wrong or LED is bad.

To wire the alarm contact output to drive the LED connect as follows: DC+ to one side of the contact, other side of contact to the POS or anode of LED, NEG or cathode of LED to DC-.

Hope this helps. BTW I could not find the alarm contact rating so I'm not sure it will handle the gate opener directly. In other words you may need an interposing relay. I would recommend you find an electrical buddy to look at things for you.

shiraz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Posting on an old thread hoping I can get some queries resolved regarding the alarm out connections.

My camer is HikVision AcuSense DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL. It has (IN, G, 1A, 1B) connections

I'm trying to figure out how Alarm Out signal works.

In one thread somewhere I read that when alarm out triggered it will short circuit GND and 1A pins. Reading above it seems like 1A and 1B would be shorted together.

I've put a voltmeter and ohm/connectivity meter across these ports and the results are:

| V | Connectivty |
-----------------------------------------------------
1A | Gnd | 0 | Open circuit |
1B | Gnd | 0 | Open circuit |
1A | 1B | 0 | Open circuit |

It appears the alarm out is not at all working. I'm triggering the alarm out via the web gui of the camera and I can hear a 'click' sound from the whenver I trigger alarm out or clear it

Please help

Thanks,

Shiraz

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Question answered over here: