Alert not in "Selected Camera Only" but is in with all cameras

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Added two new 8MP cameras using same profile, schedule, alert settings as existing cameras. Existing cameras Alerts within Clip List are viewable either in "selected camera only" (camera icon:green) or all cameras (camera icon:grey). New cameras' clips are visible only when Clip List view is of all cameras.

Alerts are being created, just not available when camera is selected.

Only (known) configuration difference is that existing cameras a h.264 with Intel acceleration and new cameras are h.265+ with no acceleration.

Anyone seen this behavior before? Any suggestions to diagnose/troubleshoot?

Will change cameras and BI to h.264 like existing and see if their clips appear in Selected Camera Only list.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
+ is not compatible with bi.
But not the cause of your issue.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, I think I have an answer.

Long story short... don't reuse Short Name camera names.

Long story...

I actually replaced two of my four cameras. First adding the two 8MP to BI to test the cameras and configs before the swapping them around. Everything seemed fine. After the swap I noticed the odd behavior.

In an attempt to maintain familiar names, as part of the swap I renamed the new cameras to the previous cameras Short Names. Bad, Very Bad.

Guess BI got somehow confused; rebuilding the DB, restarting BI, nor rebooting the BI system did not correct the behavior. After changing the new cameras Short Names to never-before-used names, Alerts are now appearing in both Clip Lists; Selected Camera Only and "all" cameras.

Once all of the original (removed camera) Alerts have been aged out from the Archive I'll try renaming the cameras back to the old-original names.