Alert status not unique across profiles

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to set up an interior cam that alerts me (sends email) when I am out of the house, but does NOT alert me when I am home.
However I cannot get that configuration working, it appears that the alerts may be profile agnostic?
This behavior holds true for the trigger tab and the alerts tab, in the pics I only show the trigger tab, but I have tried both tabs.
Please let me know what I may be doing wrong. Below are screen shots of what is happening (actual) and what I think should happen (expected).

I am running Blue Iris: Relese 5.4.4.8 x64 (5/7/2021) on an I7-2600 16GB RAM
This happens for all cameras which is a mix of Dahua/HikVision/LaView/Generic Off Brand.
I can get all the model numbers if that is a factor here, but thinking this is a BI concern.

This is what profile 1 actually looks like (alert disabled)
ActualProfile1_smaller.jpg
This is what profile 4 actually looks like (alert disabled)
ActualProfile4_smaller.jpg
This is what I think I should be able to set profile 1 to (disabled)
ExpectedProfile1.jpg
And at the same time, this is what I think I should be able to set profile 4 to (enabled)
ExpectedProfile4.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to set up an interior cam that alerts me (sends email) when I am out of the house, but does NOT alert me when I am home.
However I cannot get that configuration working, it appears that the alerts may be profile agnostic?
This behavior holds true for the trigger tab and the alerts tab, in the pics I only show the trigger tab, but I have tried both tabs.
Please let me know what I may be doing wrong. Below are screen shots of what is happening (actual) and what I think should happen (expected).

I am running Blue Iris: Relese 5.4.4.8 x64 (5/7/2021) on an I7-2600 16GB RAM
This happens for all cameras which is a mix of Dahua/HikVision/LaView/Generic Off Brand.
I can get all the model numbers if that is a factor here, but thinking this is a BI concern.

This is what profile 1 actually looks like (alert disabled)
View attachment 89678
This is what profile 4 actually looks like (alert disabled)
View attachment 89679
This is what I think I should be able to set profile 1 to (disabled)
View attachment 89680
And at the same time, this is what I think I should be able to set profile 4 to (enabled)
View attachment 89681
See help file explaining how to set this up.
Always leave the alert enabled.
You have several options depending on level of control you want over the alerts.
1) if you want all your various types of alerts on or off at the same time based on a profile, you can use the fire when dropdown (note if you set to never the alert image will not be analyzed by deepstack).
2) you can choose during which profiles the alerts are active in. This is in the specific alert setting.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me! I find the representation of the profiles (icons) to be the opposite of what I was expecting, but after playing with BI for some time I see the developers intentions. So I am now able to get the profile functionality to work as expected.