alerts clips keep getting cleared

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since last update, alerts clips keep getting cleared on blue iris.. I can't find old alerts.. it only shows last 2-3 clips.. it's annoying...

same thing with the mobile app.. it shows only last clip or most of the time alerts list is just empty ..

any idea what's wrong??

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
1) Check that none of your disks are full or too-near full.
2) Double check the settings in Blue Iris Options > Clips and archiving tab.
3) Right click any clip, choose the Database option at the bottom of the context menu, then Repair/Regenerate.

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1) Check that none of your disks are full or too-near full.
=> the partition on which the clips are stored is 1.5TB free storage.
=> the temp folder was on my C partition with 800mb.. I just changed it to my 1.6TB drive.

2) Double check the settings in Blue Iris Options > Clips and archiving tab.
=> I just unchecked "Do not monitor free space" and increased limit size from 10GB to 100GB and I unchecked "Limit age"

3) Right click any clip, choose the Database option at the bottom of the context menu, then Repair/Regenerate.
=> Just did this

After all these actions, my alerts are still getting cleared... I had 2 alerts showing up 1hr ago.. now the list is empty again... This is driving me crazy.

Is it possible to downgrade to an older version??

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just deleted everything folder and recreated them new and re-configured everything in clips and archiving.
Let's see if the issue is solved.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have trouble again later, I suggest you change the video storage structure so it just keeps everything in the "new" folder and have it delete out of there when the quota is reached. I've had trouble on more than one system in the past with the new -> storage -> delete setup causing problems once the disk quota is reached.

BBQ

n3wb
Reaction score
This morning I also noticed that my alert clips were missing (well all but like 4) on one of my machines. The 24/7 recordings were still there just not the motion alert clips. I updated to the latest version so I'll see what happens now.