Alerts deleted when disc full

Azman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Just noticed that my "New" HDD is 99% full today. everything seems to be fine and older clips are being deleted as I would have expected as newer clips are added.

However, I did notice that alerts seem to not be playing so nice.

It looks like when the "New" HDD became full, all the alerts from today back to 26 Apr have been deleted.

I would have expected the older alerts to be deleted first rather than the most recent.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Aaron

upload_2019-5-12_21-46-52.png

upload_2019-5-12_21-48-32.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You more than likely have over allocated your disk space.
Screen shot of the Status (three bars button) clip storage. If there is any red on the screen, it is user error.
Do not allocate more than 95 % of a drive in bi.

Screen shots of the system options (gear button) the clips and archiving tab, the folders new, stored, alert, aux1 settings ( 4 total screen shots)

Note.. I believe (not positive) that there are no alerts stored if you are continuously recording.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Clips and archiving > Alerts configuration is only for high resolution alert snapshots. All the actual "alerts" are only stored in the clip database, so missing alerts could indicate a corrupted database. They are probably not recoverable (though the clips they existed in should still be there, mostly).

Azman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@SouthernYankee below are the screen shots. Disk allocation looks OK.

@bp2008 I think you may be correct. I've never seen any files in the "Alerts" folder. I haven't done a db repair yet, just wanting to get some feedback first on the setup to make sure it's all OK.

It just seems strange that as soon as it hit 99% a whole bunch of alerts (presumably) from the db disappeared. Could very well be a bug.

Cheers,
Aaron

upload_2019-5-13_18-13-41.png

upload_2019-5-13_18-14-54.png

upload_2019-5-13_18-15-55.png

upload_2019-5-13_18-16-39.png

upload_2019-5-13_18-17-46.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disk space looks good.
You have a very similar set to me. And a lot of other users, I do not think it is a software bug.
Is the f drive internal or external ?

Are the alerts occuring on all cameras or just one ?
Are the alerts coming from the camera directly, or from bi motion detection?

If only one camera what type of camera ?
Look at your setting on that camera both in bi and in he camera.

If more than one camera delete the database and rebuild it.
Full screen shot on the camera picture?

Azman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just as a follow-up to this.........turns out the HDD I was using was on it's last legs and the problem was related to errors with the HDD. Replaced the HDD and all seems to be good now.

Cheers,
Aaron