Alerts from Images Only in Android App

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am hoping someone can help me. I have only been using Blue Iris for ~1 month. Most things are working great but except for one thing. I have a camera watching my driveway configured to take both images and videos and to send push notifications to my Android App (to try to pre-empt the dog barking). To start with I it set to just take images and the push notification came through pretty quickly (maybe 5 seconds delayed) but after a while I enabled video clips for recording. After I did this the push notifications now take a lot longer to come through and they always sent the video.

I think it might now be waiting until the entire clip is complete before sending the push notification. What I want is to enable both images and video clips but then specify that the alerts should only be the images but I can't seem to find how to do this, if it is even possible, anywhere.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Craig

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am hoping someone can help me. I have only been using Blue Iris for ~1 month. Most things are working great but except for one thing. I have a camera watching my driveway configured to take both images and videos and to send push notifications to my Android App (to try to pre-empt the dog barking). To start with I it set to just take images and the push notification came through pretty quickly (maybe 5 seconds delayed) but after a while I enabled video clips for recording. After I did this the push notifications now take a lot longer to come through and they always sent the video.

I think it might now be waiting until the entire clip is complete before sending the push notification. What I want is to enable both images and video clips but then specify that the alerts should only be the images but I can't seem to find how to do this, if it is even possible, anywhere.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Craig
push notifications never have video clips attached, only images.
you dont have to have jpeg snapshot checked in the record tab, you are storing those images for nothing.
as far as viewing video clips, unless you record to bvr you will have to wait until the clip is complete.

Reaction score
push notifications never have video clips attached, only images.
you dont have to have jpeg snapshot checked in the record tab, you are storing those images for nothing.
as far as viewing video clips, unless you record to bvr you will have to wait until the clip is complete.

Thanks for the response. Ah you know what, you are of course right. You only get images as a push notification. When I was saying push notification I was actually meaning the Alerts list with the BI app. As in, when I just had images ticked the alert list would be populated quickly but when I had images + video ticked for alerts I would only get videos once it had completed (I stopped getting images in the alerts list). But the only reason this is an issue is because the push notifications do not have an image showing. If they did then this videos + images Alerts issue wouldn't be an issue and I would disable images in the Record as you have suggested. Any ideas why the push notification doesn't show an image? I take it that is what it should be doing then? This happens on two different mobiles. Thanks in advance.

Attachments