Alerts in the clips list

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am new to BI and I've noticed that it sometimes takes forever in a day before new alerts are visible in the clips window. Today I have been outside my house and I have caused several alerts,but none of them appeared in the clips window. A time period of approx 7 hours, and not one alert was visible in the clips window. I restarted BI and 24 new alert were there. The update frequency is terrible. Anything I can do t make this better? I'm running BI as a service by the way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to BI and I've noticed that it sometimes takes forever in a day before new alerts are visible in the clips window. Today I have been outside my house and I have caused several alerts,but none of them appeared in the clips window. A time period of approx 7 hours, and not one alert was visible in the clips window. I restarted BI and 24 new alert were there. The update frequency is terrible. Anything I can do t make this better? I'm running BI as a service by the way.
You likely have combine and cut set to 8 hours and have selected "all clips" in the alert view and not "alerts"..alerts display immediately.

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's right, I have combine and cut set to 8 hours, but I've selected to view "alerts" in the clips window, and they are not showing up until I restart BI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's right, I have combine and cut set to 8 hours, but I've selected to view "alerts" in the clips window, and they are not showing up until I restart BI
Then something is wrong...I would reinstall BI. What exact version are you running?

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running 4.3.5.0 x64. Downloaded it yesterday. I'll try to reinstall and see if it helps.
By the way, if I want to reinstall BI, what's the easiest way of backing up BI setttings so that I don't have to reconfigure everyting after new install? I'm assuming that backing up the cameras is not enough.

Last edited by a moderator: