Alerts/Schedules issue

Reaction score
In my setup I have 3 profiles. One for normal, one for night, and one for away.
I also have 2 schedules setup. Home and away. The away is supposed to record/alert all the time where as home records via the schedule. These are set via my cellphone being in or out of the geofence zone.

Question. I am using the geofence to set the profile to away and using the temp with 480 minutes. Is this the correct way to do it or should I have it as run? I am not sure what each does.

The second has to do with the alerts. My outside camera is alerting all the time as it is supposed to and puts the alerts pictures in the list for me. I have an inside camera and a server room camera that only alert at night or if I am away. This is was working 100% under BI4 but never worked at all after the import to BI5. It just never alerted and I tracked this down to the profiles not changing at the time set. I redid the import and now the profiles work and they do alert but they only post 1 alert picture in the list. It will show maybe about 5 alerts but display only one.

I have triple checked everything and can't for the life of me see anything wrong.

Any suggestions as to why I only get 1 alert image for those two cameras but the outside one works fine.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I might be having a similar issue, but not sure. For most of my cameras I use a single zone (A) for detecting motion, however I draw multi-zones for zone crossing detection to reduce false alerts on several of my outdoor cameras (A-B with inclusive G). It is only on these cameras that I sometimes don't get alert images after a qualifying trigger. However, since I also record 24/7 on these cameras, I'm able to playback the footage using the Test Run With Motion Detector and see that the qualifying trigger actually recorded as a trigger with a yellow object box. I've noticed this several times since upgrading to BI 5 last week and will touch base with Ken this week after watching it a few more days.

Reactions: Wen
Reaction score
I may have found the issue with my alerts vanishing. For some reason the folder size for the alerts was set to 1GB. I noticed that all my alerts had vanished before 5am and only stuff after that was there. All my other storage places where still correct and set at 600GB or 7 days. Have reset the alerts folder and will see what happens.

Would still like to know if I should be using RUN or TEMP on my Geofence profile changes if anyone knows?

Reaction score
Well that wasn't the issue. Still only have about 9 alert clips available to watch and also the timeline is only showing about 4 hours worth. Can't figure this out at all.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that wasn't the issue. Still only have about 9 alert clips available to watch and also the timeline is only showing about 4 hours worth. Can't figure this out at all.
likely because you have not allocated enough space for storage.
You dont need two schedules and 3 profiles. You simply need 3 profiles.
Geofence is explained in the help file and if you set it to temp, it will be just that, temp.

Reaction score
likely because you have not allocated enough space for storage.
You dont need two schedules and 3 profiles. You simply need 3 profiles.
Geofence is explained in the help file and if you set it to temp, it will be just that, temp.
Well hopefully I have found the issue and yes it probably is a storage issue but it is one BI5 has caused. I had all my footage from the cameras being saved continually to my NAS which has more than enough storage. BI4 was setup to save each camera into it's own separate folder on the NAS.

It appears even though I imported my BI4 settings into BI5 it decided it knew better and all cameras were set to save to New and then moved to Stored. Both of these are on the local HD and were not used under BI4 the way I had it set up. These folders had very little space allocated to them because they were supposed to be unused.
I have reset them back to their intended save locations and hopefully now work as intended and how it was working under BI4.

Also I could see no way not to use Schedules. In the camera setup I can overide the global schedule and paint using the profiles but it still only has the one 24 hour period. The schedule I have set up has Home set as 5am to 7pm as day and the rest night. The away schedule has everything as away.
Only way I could get it working and work it did under BI4

Last edited:
Reaction score
Definitely was the camera settings that BI5 changed while importing the BI4 settings. Since I changed the recording storage to what they were under BI4 on my NAS all of my alerts are now available and the timeline is back.