Alerts when in certain zones?

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have Zone A for detecting motion and recording, and Zone B masking out where I want alerts to send if motion is detected inside it.

However, if the camera is set off by an object in zone B, it'll alert me, but if the camera is set off by an object in zone A, then they cross into zone B, I wont get any notification.

I know you can duplicate cameras and have one for alerts, but even if you hide the camera, it still appears in the blue iris mobile app, and I don't want that.

a.PNGb.PNGc.PNG

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like you have Zone A and B over lapped. Try not over lapping them, then under the Object Detection screen make sure you have it set to "A-B" without the quotes. See if that works.

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't use object detection, people on here say not to use it because it doesn't activate all the time.

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
will setting it to A-B still record if there's motion in any of the zones, or only if the motion crosses the zones?

I want it to still record if there's motion in either zone A, or zone B, but only alert if motion is inside zone B.

Thanks

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you just have A and B zone, I believe it will only record images that cross into A then B, or B then A. If you use A>B then it first has to be in A then into B. The '-' means it can go either way.

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am looking for a way for it to record even if motion is only in one of the zones without crossing, but only send an alert if motion is detected or crosses into B.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am looking for a way for it to record even if motion is only in one of the zones without crossing, but only send an alert if motion is detected or crosses into B.
My recommendation... Buy a big hard drive, and switch over to continuous recording, with alerts on motion detection. That way you have the option of going back and reviewing the recording to look for an event that motion detection missed.

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the new 4.4.1.1 update the changelog says

• On the camera properties Trigger/Motion/Object page, you may now add a single zone letter as an argument to the zone-crossing box, allowing for zone crossing detection in addition to standard detection zones.
  • On this same Trigger/Motion/Object page, you have the option to not use the zone crossing for re-triggers (triggers that occur while the camera is already triggered). This might be useful if motion continues for extended periods of time following the initial zone crossing.
Does that mean what I want will now work?

Reaction score
I am looking at the same option you want. Did you find a way to do this yet?

Edit: I figured a way around it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't. What was your work around?

Basically you will create a clone of your current camera. I was worried that this would put more cpu use on my computer but I haven't seen much over head. Also you can hide the camera in your view as well so you wont see a duplicated camera. I can go into more detail for you if you need help.

1. go into the camera properties and configure your zone a or which ever and setup the mask for the area you want to be notified of.

2. Setup your alerts.