Alerts without push notifications

Eric Bernhardt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all!
I hope I can ask this so it makes sense, I cannot seem to Google the correct question to find my answer.
With Blue Iris, I used to be able (at least I think I remember) to go through my "alerts" WITHOUT having it send a push notification to my phone, now it seems that if I go into the app and set "Alerts" to "Never" it doesn't save any alerts.
In other words, I want to be able to go through alerts without getting the push notification on my phone. I don't want to disable the push through console, but rather have the option to enable/disable on my phone with it still storing alerts either way.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the BI app on my iPhone and you can deselect or select, per app, which ones can or cannot notify you, including BI. I would think Android is the same way.

Couldn't you just disable notifications from BI on your phone, not in the app? The BI server records as configured and the app will show it, you just don't get notified.

Eric Bernhardt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the BI app on my iPhone and you can deselect or select, per app, which ones can or cannot notify you, including BI. I would think Android is the same way.

Couldn't you just disable notifications from BI on your phone, not in the app? The BI server records as configured and the app will show it, you just don't get notified.
Yes, I can disable it through the settings on my phone, but it seems like I should be able to disable push alerts on specific cameras through the app while it still records the "alert" as a "motion event" that I can scroll through later

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, got it.

You should be able to set up a profile wherein desired camera's do NOT provide a push notification upon alert; that profile can be selected via the app.

More info in BI's built-in "Help" under "Alerts and Actions" => "Push notification"

Last edited: