Ali Express shopping tip, save a lil' cheddar...

thomaswde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So if you don't use Ebates WTF are you doing man?

Ebates offers 3.5% cash back on anything from Ali, I've been a eBater ;) for about a year and probably gotten about $1000 back since then, seriously... I do tend to hunt the stores with the biggest rebates, freaking cleaned house at Christmas when Lenovo did 8% back and I needed to buy 3 computers.

As an example, if you order 2x 4231EMs (which I'm abouta do) and use eBates that's about$10 back on the order. I'll take a ten spot anyday. :)

EDIT: I just remembered that I think they give out a $10 signup bonus if you're referred versus just signing up on your own, a co-worker referred me a year ago and I'm damn near sure I started out with $10 because of it (I get some credit too I believe) Here's the link: Ebates: Coupons, Deals, Promo Codes & Cash Back

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
So if you don't use Ebates WTF are you doing man?

Ebates offers 3.5% cash back on anything from Ali, I've been a eBater ;) for about a year and probably gotten about $1000 back since then, seriously... I do tend to hunt the stores with the biggest rebates, freaking cleaned house at Christmas when Lenovo did 8% back and I needed to buy 3 computers.

As an example, if you order 2x 4231EMs (which I'm abouta do) and use eBates that's about$10 back on the order. I'll take a ten spot anyday. :)
With what shipping?

thomaswde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With what shipping?
Not sure I follow.
I don't think I see where shipping plays a role, maybe I'm not understanding you properly?
The rebate is applied to the purchase price, in my example ordering from BEC on ALi it would be DHL free shipping, my order total would be about $268 so I'd get about $9.38 back.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure I follow.
I don't think I see where shipping plays a role, maybe I'm not understanding you properly?
The rebate is applied to the purchase price, in my example ordering from BEC on ALi it would be DHL free shipping, my order total would be about $268 so I'd get about $9.38 back.
Ah so you get the discount regardless of who you buy from.

thomaswde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@hmjgriffon Yeah that's the beauty of it, I use it so much I added it's plug-in to Chrome. When I visit a shopping site like AliExpress it shows me in the corner how much I'll get back, I just click on the rebate button top right before I check out and the rebate goes on my next quarter. Nothing else to it at all. Here's a screenshot example: upload_2017-4-2_1-21-32.png It doesn't care what seller I buy from, it's all of AliExpress. Ah, not to be a whore but probably should include my referral code if anyone wants to start using it just because I think they give you $10 right off the bat if you're referred rather than just go join on your own. A co-worker referred me and I think I started out with a $10 rebate because of it. Ebates: Coupons, Deals, Promo Codes & Cash Back